• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Loving all these videos coming out of Billy Strings and Widespread Panic...I think All Time Low is my favorite; Dirty Biz and Airplane are both great songs with Airplane being a personal favorite, but I think Billy really stands out most on ATL.

Billy covers All Time Low (and Ride Me High) a lot with his own band

This has been one of my favorite albums for the past 15 years and is one of the best country albums ever IMO. I grew up listening to Hank Williams Sr who had very spare instrumental accompaniment besides the occasional mandolin/fiddle/upright base, and I think this Dwight Yoakam acoustic album really strips away some of his dated 90's production and really highlights his incredible songwriting and guitar playing. I don't listen to country music often anymore, but there are a few albums that I really cherish and know all the words to, and this is one of them.

Is this what they call a bop? A jam?

I enjoy this type of music, but I think I would enjoy it more if Townie justified my positive feelings.

The Silver Jews’ the Natural Bridge is 25 years old today. These are my favorite Berman lyrics in a career of great lyrics. “Grant me one last wish, life should mean a lot less than this”:

https://youtu.be/16LkluMfFfE

Not to be a downer but I tried to re-listen to Purple Mountains a few days ago and it was miserably sad. It’s a beautiful record but I can’t help but just hear it as a suicide note. Goddamn David Berman was amazing. The way he could turn a phrase and write in such a vivid and engaging way.

Not to be a downer but I tried to re-listen to Purple Mountains a few days ago and it was miserably sad. It’s a beautiful record but I can’t help but just hear it as a suicide note. Goddamn David Berman was amazing. The way he could turn a phrase and write in such a vivid and engaging way.

My daughter's favorite song all last winter was All My Happiness is Gone. She listened to that shit on repeat on her Alexa. She was 5. I wonder how she will relate that to her therapist in years to come.

Townie plugging Big Thief the other day prompted me to revisit their last two albums; really beautiful music.

Townie plugging Big Thief the other day prompted me to revisit their last two albums; really beautiful music.

#basic but the guitar tone and rhythm section on shark smile is sooooo good. will have to listen to their new stuff.

Yeah, I mostly listen to Natural Bridge and American Water. His book of poetry was also really good, not some asshole pop star like Jewel or Jim Morrison publishing poetry, genuinely good stuff. It's all very depressing though, I miss him every day.

Yeah, I mostly listen to Natural Bridge and American Water. His book of poetry was also really good, not some asshole pop star like Jewel or Jim Morrison publishing poetry, genuinely good stuff. It's all very depressing though, I miss him every day.

I think this is the first time I've ever heard Jewel called an asshole.

Birdman being on #teamemo is one of those things I didn't really see coming until he got more involved in the music thread

Back