• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Some of the Deacon fans on this board

Good thing we didn't play them very often, especially in the mid/late '60s and during the Staak years. Truth is, they haven't been D1 very long, spending most of the intervening years at the NAIA level, and not doing much then.

I wouldn't mind the Wofford loss last year, at all. They were good with a stable of upperclassmen (including a legitimate, albeit 6'6, big man), NCAA-bound, and ranked 82 on KenPom. Only after beating us did they crack the top 200 (198) on KenPom. It's a fairly significant difference...

I'm IN for this.

This team has exceeded almost everyone's expectations to this point. Obviously we have a lot more season to go, but I for one have seen enough to say I will back off. If a kid needs to improve at an aspect of the game, will I point it out? Absolutely. While the kids on the team are not above criticism, they should be immune from name calling.

Annnnd then there's Bz. I've obviously been highly critical of him. I knew it would be damaging for us to fire him without giving him a shot after the way we fired Dino, and I knew Wellman wasn't going to fire him before at least 3 years. At the same time, I didn't think he should have been hired. Whatever. I've seen enough improvement that I will back off on him as well. Where I see an area where improvement is needed, or if he does something that I disagree with, I'll still point it out. But I'll try to ease up on the vitriol.

I think they've earned it. And if you disagree, go read the Jaybone thread.

Back