• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Inagural Pit Trader Joe's Thread

Trader-Joes-0.99-spiced-soybeans-858x1024.jpg

God damn I want a Trader Joe's in the Triad. I need to swing by the Raleigh one soon and pick up pumpkin bread mix and some other ish.

Since moving to raleigh TJ's has been my go to grocery store.

Love their herb goat cheese, it is really cheap and really good, roughly 1/2 the price you pay for goat cheese at other places. Also got a piece of stilton there today which while not priced quite as wonderfully as the goat cheese, was good.

The frozen mac & cheese is great, frozen chicken indian everything is awesome, frozen pastas are all fairly good.

Honestly I haven't had much at TJ's I didn't really like.

I was told the frozen crab cakes are good, so I got some of those but haven't tried them. The cashier confirmed (Without me asking) that they were kick ass, so we shall see.

Winston really needs a TJ's. I heard a rumor that one is going in where Borders was at thruway, but with whole foods that close I'd be surprised.

Love their herb goat cheese, it is really cheap and really good, roughly 1/2 the price you pay for goat cheese at other places. Also got a piece of stilton there today which while not priced quite as wonderfully as the goat cheese, was good.

The frozen mac & cheese is great, frozen chicken indian everything is awesome, frozen pastas are all fairly good.

I was told the frozen crab cakes are good, so I got some of those but haven't tried them. The cashier confirmed (Without me asking) that they were kick ass, so we shall see

Winston really needs a TJ's. I heard a rumor that one is going in where Borders was at thruway, but with whole foods that close I'd be surprised.

I've had them. They are very good and I would recommend them.

I like the Aussie licorice.....I miss the Ghiardelli chocolate pieces.

They have a good selection of South American wines at good prices.

In Chapel Hill, Whole Foods and TJs are just about in the same shopping center, definitely less than a mile away, so it's possible.

Had the crab/corn chowder last night. It was quite good, and I'll get it again.

Also, I'm not sure if they have had this forever and I've missed it, but they have curried chicken salad that is really good that i discovered the other day.

I was told the frozen crab cakes are good, so I got some of those but haven't tried them. The cashier confirmed (Without me asking) that they were kick ass, so we shall see.

The Korean Bibimbap Bowl sucks, stay away.

Other than that, everything else has been solid.

They keep saying a TJ is coming to Cville. Just not practical to get their frozen prepared stuff when I'm in Balmur b/c I don't bring a cooler, but I'm looking forward to it.

As for their room temp stuff, the cocoa covered crack almonds are addictive. Their vodka marinara sauce is way cheaper than the equivalent you'd buy elsewhere. I've liked the differently spiced nuts. And those vanilla mints are my new favorite.

I picked up a frozen seafood medley thing the other day. It has calimari, scallops, and shrimp. It was something like 6 bucks.

What a great idea for a combined product. So much potential. I'm thinking of either doing linguini frutti di mare, or something cajun.

In Chapel Hill, Whole Foods and TJs are just about in the same shopping center, definitely less than a mile away, so it's possible.

People like to do business where business is being done. That's why TJ's wants to be in the friendly center right beside teeter and whole foods.

I picked up a frozen seafood medley thing the other day. It has calimari, scallops, and shrimp. It was something like 6 bucks.

What a great idea for a combined product. So much potential. I'm thinking of either doing linguini frutti di mare, or something cajun.

Sautee that medley briefly till done and add to their vodka marinara sauce over pasta. Done that a few times - easy and delicious.

I've been crushing TJ's bruschetta recently

Back