• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

If these younger guys can fight their way into 1st team minutes this coming season they're in great spots to develop. Need to bust their asses to get to that next level though.

Beautiful ball from my BOI

3-0 on a Weah finish.

Sargent, Weah and Robinson should all feature going forward. They're ready.

Keaton Parks on. Another kid I'm really excited about. The top Benfica B player this past season. 6-4, very technical, can play anywhere centrally. 20 years old.

I have McKennie and Robinson as ready to go A team players moving forward. Sargent can play his way in as well, but hard to pencil him in without a single match as a professional

That Bolivia B or C team was v v terrible but that was still fun. Felt like that squad could’ve gotten a draw against T&T

7 changes made for the team that will play Saturday against Ireland. A couple more great young talents in Luca de la Torre and Tyler Adams added.

Goalkeepers: Bill Hamid (Midtjylland), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC), William Yarbrough (Club Leon)

Defenders: Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest), Matt Miazga (Chelsea), Shaq Moore (Levante), Erik Palmer-Brown (Manchester City), Tim Parker (New York Red Bulls), Antonee Robinson (Bolton Wanderers), Jorge Villafana (Santos Laguna), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United)

Midfielders: Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls), Joe Corona (Club America), Luca de la Torre (Fulham), Julian Green (Stuttgart), Weston McKennie (Schalke), Keaton Parks (Benfica), Rubio Rubin (Club Tijuana), Kenny Saief (Anderlecht), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain)

Forwards: Andrija Novakovich (Telstar), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen), Bobby Wood (Hamburg)

Shame we didn't get to see Adams-Pulisic-McKennie combo in midfield, but I also think it's a really good idea to leave out Pulisic. That kid needs a break from soccer.

Shame we didn't get to see Adams-Pulisic-McKennie combo in midfield, but I also think it's a really good idea to leave out Pulisic. That kid needs a break from soccer.

He was spent, dumb to call him at all. Post match interview was cringe worthy as well. He never wanted to be there. Enjoy vacation

The why not is because he's going to take the France job.

I though he was a good call up with the last two rosters but yeah I’ve seen nothing of merit from recent performances. Of course I said that after Bobby Woods first two call ups as well so who knows

Steven Goff

Verified account

@SoccerInsider
Following Following @SoccerInsider
More
#usmnt vs IRE: Hamid; Yedlin, Carter-Vickers, Miazga, Villafaña; Trapp (capt.); Weah, Adams, McKennie, Rubin; Wood

The last time we played in Dublin, SD3, his crews, and myself were attendance to watch us lose 4-1. Gonna need some redemption today boys.

With how much money we see in AAU and the number of talented basketball players just getting higher and higher, I have to think being able to monetize youth development in the US (like the rest of the world) would crank our player production wayyyyyy up

Back