• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Women's Basketball (7-24) - Signed 6-2 PF/C Kennedy Moore from Montana

40 points and 10 assists for Clark. Amazing performance.
She was awesome and I was rooting against her. My husband and middle awakeboy were rooting for her. Big awakeboy and I were Angel and Flau’jae all the way. The best part is that my whole family watched a highly touted women’s game. And so did tons of others. It feels like a watershed cultural moment tonight.

The women's game has gotten so much better, I must admit. I watched a lot of it on my phone at dinner earlier. I'd never imagine pulling up a women's basketball game on my phone in any situation before now. Didn't hurt that you can't script a much better elite 8 game than Reese/Clark.

Even the production of the women’s games is better. The announcers stef actual HOFers who know a ton about every player on the team. They’re not givibg a bunch of cliches the whole game.

Going back to Wake, I can't find much information about Emily Johns. Looks like she's decent inside the arc. Takes too many threes (9-42). Has a pretty large percentage of her boards on the offensive glass. Johns was the leading scorer on a 10-20 (8-10) team. So many she took threes out of necessity or desperation. No other player averaged over 8.9.

Seems like she should add depth. I guess Gebbia will start Cowles and Hinds with Johns off the bench which would be a huge improvement over Cowles and going small. It would be great if she found a wing who was at least passable from 3 and plays Jordan more (37% from deep).

Going back to Wake, I can't find much information about Emily Johns. Looks like she's decent inside the arc. Takes too many threes (9-42). Has a pretty large percentage of her boards on the offensive glass. Johns was the leading scorer on a 10-20 (8-10) team. So many she took threes out of necessity or desperation. No other player averaged over 8.9.

Seems like she should add depth. I guess Gebbia will start Cowles and Hinds with Johns off the bench which would be a huge improvement over Cowles and going small. It would be great if she found a wing who was at least passable from 3 and plays Jordan more (37% from deep).
Let’s just hope we get some better players from the portal in addition to Johns. Patriot league transfers alone ain’t gonna do it.

I've been saying all year that Angel Reese is fat and out of shape and man was it ever evident tonight. She could barely get up and down the court in the second half while Clark was in Indy 500 mode.

I've been saying all year that Angel Reese is fat and out of shape and man was it ever evident tonight. She could barely get up and down the court in the second half while Clark was in Indy 500 mode.
She looked dominant athletically in the first half until she rolled her ankle in the second quarter. Then gutted out the rest of the game.

Eh, I didn't see her limping in the second half but I sure saw her walking up and down the court.

Georgia Amoore entered the transfer portal. Most likely following Brooks to KY or entering the draft.

This is one aspect of the unlimited transfers I don’t like. A coach can take a new job and bring all of his good players with them.

Georgia Amoore entered the transfer portal. Most likely following Brooks to KY or entering the draft.

This is one aspect of the unlimited transfers I don’t like. A coach can take a new job and bring all of his good players with them.
That's not necessarily new.

Damari Monsanto, Tyree Appleby, and Daivien Williamson

We're also sitting here talking about Gebbia getting the best player from her old team in the portal as well.

Amoore is a grad transfer who decided to get one more NIL payday before entering the WNBA Draft. I also wonder if some players will stay for an extra year of NIL hoping Caitlin Clark on the Fever will lead to better WNBA contracts going forward.

That's not necessarily new.

Damari Monsanto, Tyree Appleby, and Daivien Williamson

We're also sitting here talking about Gebbia getting the best player from her old team in the portal as well.

Amoore is a grad transfer who decided to get one more NIL payday before entering the WNBA Draft. I also wonder if some players will stay for an extra year of NIL hoping Caitlin Clark on the Fever will lead to better WNBA contracts going forward.
I guess that’s true.

I'm no Angel Reese fan, but could she be a little of out optimal shape sure, but fat and out of shape she is not. She did roll her ankle pretty good in the first half though.

She was awesome and I was rooting against her. My husband and middle awakeboy were rooting for her. Big awakeboy and I were Angel and Flau’jae all the way. The best part is that my whole family watched a highly touted women’s game. And so did tons of others. It feels like a watershed cultural moment tonight.
Team Flau'jae b/c she's doing a great job of repping my HS. Not a fan of the rest of LSU. I think Caitlin Clark is a helluva player.

I was thinking earlier that I haven’t watched the McD AA games in a long time but maybe I should start because the boys will either be in the NBA draft or the portal in a year or so. And the girls will be the biggest stars in college hoops or the portal.

Back