• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Carolina Panthers thread - WR Leggette, RB Brooks, LB Wallace, TE Sanders, CB Smith-Wade, DT Crumedy, LB Barrett

There’s no reason to be optimistic about the Panthers until they show something on the field.

I wanted to be optimistic about him so bad. I was kinda pumped of Bryce throwing to him, Thielen and Hurst. Only one was any way serviceable. Meanwhile Stroud gets Diggs.

I know it happens with virtually every NFL team, but I still don't understand why teams wait until right after the draft to fire the scouts. If you think they suck, why are you trusting their advice during the draft at all? Just can them in March and go with a fan poll for each pick.

So they drafted based on scouting reports from people they knew they would fire?

yeah, i have to agree. it makes no sense to me that they fire the guys driving the drafting of players. if you have no faith in them, why trust them on the draft or any FA pickup?

Better than Morgan firing them when he started a few months ago and starting brand new guys right before the draft, assuming they could even pluck/hire anyone they wanted at that point - which they couldn't have. After the draft, they can start interviewing and hiring who they want/need. That's for sure how I would have done it.

Last edited:
It's the director and assistant director of pro scouting, not the college scouts. So I was wrong. They made free agent moves based on scouting reports of staff they knew they wanted to fire.

Scouts do more than just evaluate players on other teams. Morgan may think they did a fine job of evaluating players but they may not be a good fit with the new head coach for building game plans against opponents, etc.

I know it happens with virtually every NFL team, but I still don't understand why teams wait until right after the draft to fire the scouts. If you think they suck, why are you trusting their advice during the draft at all? Just can them in March and go with a fan poll for each pick.
It’s when their contracts end

seems like their contracts should not end right after the big thing they're responsible for. maybe right at the end of the season, or even right before it starts. like bring em in before training camp or something.

Lol well obviously the opinion of bad scouts is still 10x better than a fan poll. And they weren't fired earlier because the opinion of bad scouts is still better than the opinion of no scouts or only partially informed scouts.

These were not the college scouts. They were the pro scouts. The ones responsible for signing Chark, Miles Sanders, Hurst, etc. Nothing to do with the draft.

seems like their contracts should not end right after the big thing they're responsible for. maybe right at the end of the season, or even right before it starts. like bring em in before training camp or something.
I heard an interview on this. They have the contracts all lined up end of April. You want guys spending a full year working on the draft…so all scouts, pro and college, follow the same contract cycle.

Back