• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Carolina Panthers thread - WR Leggette, RB Brooks, LB Wallace, TE Sanders, CB Smith-Wade, DT Crumedy, LB Barrett

Apparently this defensive draft sucks but there should be 1st round level offensive talent when we are picking at 33 and 39
Or, if the overall defensive draft is bad, hopefully the few best defensive players stay on the board longer and can be drafted for good value, because so many offensive players had been chosen.

I think Jackson Powers-Johnson will be there at 33

I think we draft an Xavier (Worthy or Legette)

I think Jackson Powers-Johnson will be there at 33

I think we draft an Xavier (Worthy or Legette)
Xavier Worthy is like -700 on betting sites to go in Round 1.

No chance he falls to the Panthers

Most mocks have Xavier Worthy at 32 to the Chiefs, so I don't think it's that farfetched he falls one spot if they go another direction.

He's long gone. I think Pitt takes him or Barton. But there's a good chance Frazier from WVU will be there at 33 and then go WR at 39.

Not that mocks mean much, but I haven't seen him going in the first that much. I think he'll be there.

I am predicting we end up with one of the Xavier WRs and one of Marshawn Kneeland or Austin Booker at DE

I wouldn't trade back just for the sake of trading back like Shitterer did but if a QB needy team wants to come up to 33 I'd let them overpay. We aren't one draft away yet. An extra 3rd and 4th this year and a 2nd next year or a 5th this year and a 1st next year, I accept it.
I've been trying to come up with something to root for tonight. Rooting for teams not to trade up to draft the 2nd round tier QBs in the late first seems simple enough.

I've been trying to come up with something to root for tonight. Rooting for teams not to trade up to draft the 2nd round tier QBs in the late first seems simple enough.

After further review, I'm not in love with the compensation Arizona got last year.

Tennessee sent the 41st and 72nd picks, plus a 2024 third-round selection, to Arizona to move up to No. 33, adding the 81st pick in the deal.

2024 3rd

Drop down 8 in the 2nd. Move up 9 in the 3rd. Get an extra non-compensatory 3rd round pick. If the Panthers have 8 players they like on the board by midnight tonight, do it.

That's probably better than the prospective trade I came up with.
Mingo is not "OK." He looks like a potential bust they can't give up on yet.

If the Panthers have like 15 players they'd be fine taking after Day 1, I'd like to see them trade down from #33 to get a later 2nd between 36-45, a mid-round 3rd, and a future Day 3 pick.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys and the PMs. I very much appreciate it. You guys are great.

Somebody is going to drop to the Panthers that shouldn't have been there - like a Dallas Turner or one of those top CBs and make things interesting for the Panthers at 33.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys and the PMs. I very much appreciate it. You guys are great.

Somebody is going to drop to the Panthers that shouldn't have been there - like a Dallas Turner or one of those top CBs and make things interesting for the Panthers at 33.

I can't imagine Dallas Turner gets past the Falcons at #11, but if he's on the board at #33, the Panthers should take him and not make it interesting at all.

If you are a team thinking of taking a QB in round 2 it makes sense to trade up to round 1. Get the 5th year option on the guy

While tonight may be depressing watching another team use our #1 overall pick, we will OWN the 16 hours of media coverage between the end of the 1st round and the start of tomorrow's 2nd round! ;)

While tonight may be depressing watching another team use our #1 overall pick, we will OWN the 16 hours of media coverage between the end of the 1st round and the start of tomorrow's 2nd round! ;)
At which I'll probably watch draft coverage.

Back