• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Carolina Panthers thread - Panthers welcome RB Rashaad Penny

I just don't see it with Ickey at LT. What has he shown? Maybe Canales will run a different scheme that will help him, idk.

Ickey deserves a new shot with his third coach. I’d rather them do that than prioritize LT again.

So weird that Hurst didn't work out. At the time I thought that was a really good signing.

So FA TE, draft, or both?

Given the staff’s Seahawks background, Will Dissly seems a good FA bet.

same. a good pass catching TE is just what a rookie QB needs (see G-reg and Cam).
Hayden Hurst only finished in the top 20 of TE receiving yards once in his career (2020). Even playing with a very good QB in 2022 (Burrow) he was just a guy.

In hindsight I'm not really sure why we thought he'd be a difference maker other than desperation for receiving weapons

Yeah, not our best 1st round selection and yet another reason to avoid TEs in round 1. Kincaid looks to have justified a 1st round pick, but so few do.

How many times has Ian Thomas finished top 30 in TE receiving yards?

That’s why.

How many times has Ian Thomas finished top 30 in TE receiving yards?

That’s why.
I never said he was worse than Ian Thomas. Just pointing out that expectations were probably higher for Hurst than what was reasonable considering his past production, and that those high expectations were from Panthers fans desperate for receiving weapons to cheer for

I think the expectations were to be better than Thomas and Tremble which was reasonable.

I don't recall a ton of throws to TEs last year. Maybe I'm not remembering. Or maybe I had turned the channel when they got around to targeting a TE despite lack of OL protection.

Draft is supposed to be rife with WR and OL. Just take the best one of those two positions at 33

With only 4 draft picks (barring trades), I don't see the need to draft defense. 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 OL.

With only 4 draft picks (barring trades), I don't see the need to draft defense. 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 OL.
With the release of Jackson and Horn being perpetually injured we desperately need a corner

Draft is supposed to be rife with WR and OL. Just take the best one of those two positions at 33
Maybe the best and deepest WR and OL draft like ever. Pretty good interior DL and secondary draft. Not a great TE or RB draft.

With the release of Jackson and Horn being perpetually injured we desperately need a corner
Sure. But are they going to get a corner who can start right away with picks #33, #65, #102, or #141?

I understand moving away from two injury-prone CBs, but this doesn't seem like the draft to do it.

I'm sure they will and they should. But the draft seems like a better way to get a WR, TE, and a potential starting OL or some OL depth.

would be nice to actually get a good late round receiver for once. always fun to draft a WR who sucks then see who went after him.

Back