• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Carolina Panthers thread - Panthers welcome RB Rashaad Penny

My take is they think we have a good offensive line, which we actually might, and want to make sure there is a consistent running game. I don’t blame them for thinking we need an upgrade at RB and if they really liked Brooks, and think he’ll make a difference, I understand it.

The biggest question is obviously whom should they have gotten instead

r/panthers seems high on the pick, but maybe that's some sunshine brigading

TE looks like a good pick. But with two Texas picks, DV7 is going to become a Panthers fan.

Supposedly a really good receiving TE that is a horrendous blocker. At least they are trying to give Young some receiving options I suppose

So Tremble for blocking and this guy to run routes.

And no more Ian Thomas.

Good size. I guess it depends on how often Canales uses two TEs.

It's likely this team will be worse next season even if Young improves.

Last year the offensive roster was just so unconscionably bad and the coaching was atrocious. Defensive roster certainly got worse in the offseason but I guess it makes sense the strategy of investing heavily around the (maybe) franchise QB.

It's likely this team will be worse next season even if Young improves.
if we are worse than last season, then we will be the absolute worst team in nfl history. I don't think we are THAT bad. But we aren't winning more than 4 games.

So who besides Shedeur is projected top-5 next year who will be our pick?

It sucks how the Texans have gotten some big names to complement their franchise QB and best we’ve done is a castoff Steelers WR and some questionable rookies

Last year the offensive roster was just so unconscionably bad and the coaching was atrocious. Defensive roster certainly got worse in the offseason but I guess it makes sense the strategy of investing heavily around the (maybe) franchise QB.

We’ll see how good of an offensive coach Canales is pretty quickly. But the defense may not help them much.

So we coulda gotten a Shipley type talent in the 4th but had to get an injured RB in the 2nd.

Was Morgan thinking “the running game was bad so let’s draft a RB?”

I hope not.
I think he's trying to replace CMC and DJ with first two picks.

The knock on Young was he had no weapons around him - ironically, they were dealt to acquire him.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I think he's trying to replace CMC and DJ with first two picks.

The knock on Young was he had no weapons around him - ironically, they were dealt to acquire him.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

What’s bad about drafting an RB1 in the 2nd?

Back