• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Carolina Panthers thread - Schedule release (No primetime games)

Why did the Steelers give him up? Couldn't sign him or something?
History suggests Tomlin. Pittsburgh almost never trades a WR of real value (AB, Claypool) And it’s not like they are stacked at that position. Low risk move but agree…why did Pittsburgh give him up?

It seems like a reasonable move but giving up a 6th to get a player and a 7th is a bit misleading. The Panthers dropped 62 spots so it’s more like dropping 2 rounds.

I like the Josey Jewell signing, because it gives Panthers fans the confusing non-politically-correct opportunity to chant either "Jewwwwwwww" or "Luuuuuuke", depending on who they think he is.

so this might be a reason why Pittsburgh would make this deal....

Both he and Pickens have had attitude problems in Pittsburgh - diva WRs who thought they weren't getting the ball enough. And they weren't because they had bad QBs. Johnson instantly becomes your #1 and is talented. I think it's a good trade for you as long as you get him the damn ball and keep him engaged.

As for Higgins, part of any trade for him will be the trading team being able to negotiate a long term deal with him. Could take a while. And Cincy may or may not be interested.

Edited to add that y'all are visiting with Clowney today. He played great for us last year. Had 9.5 sacks and was good against the run. I'm guessing he's gonna get a short term deal in the $10-13mil per range.

Last edited:
I’m glad Eviro is getting his own guys in there, but think everybody has to keep in mind that
you can’t build an entire roster, or even defense with free agents - it’s way too expensive. Our complete lack of drafted players on rookie deals is a major handicap. This franchise isn’t going to turn around until we’re able to draft effectively and build depth that way.

The Panthers signed Bills CB Dane Jackson. He was a 7th round pick in 2020. The Panthers took CB Stantley Thomas-Oliver earlier in that 7th round.

And none of them are as good as the DJ the Panthers already gave up.

The Raiders are cutting Hunter Renfrow if they want to bring in another gettable Clemson WR. I can't get excited about him or Williams but I'd rather have them than some other bums Morgan could scrape up.

Both he and Pickens have had attitude problems in Pittsburgh - diva WRs who thought they weren't getting the ball enough. And they weren't because they had bad QBs. Johnson instantly becomes your #1 and is talented. I think it's a good trade for you as long as you get him the damn ball and keep him engaged.

As for Higgins, part of any trade for him will be the trading team being able to negotiate a long term deal with him. Could take a while. And Cincy may or may not be interested.

Edited to add that y'all are visiting with Clowney today. He played great for us last year. Had 9.5 sacks and was good against the run. I'm guessing he's gonna get a short term deal in the $10-13mil per range.

Their quarterback sucks ass.

And not if you're drafting Ladd McConkey in the 1st and Ricky Pearsall in the 2nd.

Back