• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Carolina Panthers thread - Panthers welcome RB Rashaad Penny

Wasn't it rumored the Bears wanted Burns but we convinced them to take DJ Moore instead? why was the team trying to protect Burns so much?
i thought it was the opposite: Carolina offered Burns but Chicago held fast for DJ Moore

Oh man. I forgot that. They thought Burns was an elite pass rusher but didn't want to pay him like one, I guess. Just a really stupid front office.

i thought it was the opposite: Carolina offered Burns but Chicago held fast for DJ Moore
No. The Bears wanted Burns, Brown, or Moore.

what does Young's rookie year look like with DJ? at least plenty of the short dumpoff passes to the LOS could've resulted in something.

Renting a great WR for one season to get your rookie QB started on the right foot makes a ton of sense. It’s better than what they did with Fields and what the Panthers did with Young.
Allen also mentioned in an interview in January that if he were traded to a team not competing he'd just retire. So there is that as well.

I’m sure Fitterer didn’t want to trade Burns after fucking up by not sending him to the Rams

had no idea keenan allen was from NC; thought he was a CA guy since he went to cal

Allen also mentioned in an interview in January that if he were traded to a team not competing he'd just retire. So there is that as well.
I hadn’t seen that. So does that mean he thinks the Bears will compete?

I hadn’t seen that. So does that mean he thinks the Bears will compete?
i would guess so. 7 win team that was better at the end of the year. Significant upgrades in Free Agency and 2 top 10 picks. I think objectively that puts them in at least competitive... Other than it's the Bears

i dunno man, panthers won 7 games in 2022 and then... disaster

Why did the Texans trade away their 1st round pick for (2) Vikings 2nd round picks?

Why did the Texans trade away their 1st round pick for (2) Vikings 2nd round picks?
The Texas got #42, #188, and the Vikings' next year's 2nd. Seems like a reasonable bet if they believe the Vikings won't make the playoffs again.

Looks like that pick is the Texans' own pick. What happened to the 2024 first they got in the Watson trade?

Answered: They traded it to the Cardinals to move up to get Will Anderson.

GREENSBORO represent!
Northern Guilford i believe - yeah Cal was a random choice i can’t remember if any of the local school looked at him. I think he had a family connection or something on the staff at Cal

Bears got Keenan Allen for a 4th?
My exact thought today. We had to give up picks for Johnson yet Bears give up a 4th for an even better WR than Johnson. Why can’t we make those deals? Closest one to my memory was Greg Olsen for a 5th

My exact thought today. We had to give up picks for Johnson yet Bears give up a 4th for an even better WR than Johnson. Why can’t we make those deals? Closest one to my memory was Greg Olsen for a 5th
Olsen was only like 26 when they traded him,

Back