• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Carolina Panthers thread - Panthers welcome RB Rashaad Penny

Morgan was second in command behind Scott Fitterer in 2022 when the Panthers rejected the Rams’ offer just days after trading All-Pro running back Christian McCaffrey to the San Francisco 49ers. The lone dissenting voice was former salary cap and contracts executive Samir Suleiman, who believed the Panthers should take the picks for Burns, according to three sources familiar with the discussions.

But Fitterer thought it would be more difficult to replace a premier pass rusher than other positions, which is why the Panthers held on to Burns through two blockbuster deals. The Chicago Bears asked about Burns last year when they traded the No. 1 pick to Carolina for a haul that included four picks and wide receiver DJ Moore.

When the dust had settled, the Panthers dealt McCaffrey and Burns — both first-round picks and faces of the franchise — for a total of six picks, none higher than No. 39.

Panthers traded to the Steelers the compensation they used to get Justin Fields. For a WR who I’m sure will be a disaster with us

The Panthers traded a 2nd, 4th, and 6th for 23 year old Sam Darnold before his 4th season and picked up his 5th year option. The Steelers traded a 6th round pick for 25 year old Justin Fields before his 4th season.

Just a little more evidence how dumb this franchise is.

Last edited:
The Panthers traded a 2nd, 4th, and 6th for 23 year old Sam Darnold before his 4th season and picked up his 5th year option. The Steelers traded a 6th round pick for 25 year old Justin Fields before his 4th season.

Just a little more evidence how dumb this franchise is.
You can’t look at it that way. Every year has a different market and value based on availability, timing and team needs. You are wildly simplifying things

Happy not to have Keenan Allen. The Chargers traded him because he would back off his contract number for this season.

Can’t say I’m thrilled with having Dionte at this point either, but he’s been productive and is a lot cheaper for the next two years.

The Darnold trade may have been stupid but it was stupid because Darnold is bad, not because of what the Steelers gave up for Fields

Trades for a QB:
2nd, 4th, 6th for Sam Darnold
5th for Baker Mayfield
3rd, 4th for Matt Corrall (trade up)
(2) 1sts, (2) 2nds, DJ Moore for Bryce Young

Other trades:
3rd, Dan Arnold for CJ Henderson
4th for DJ Johnson (trade up)

+ a bunch of 7th round pick trades

$13mm on a year 1 deal is probably the right call

Young put some bad tape out there this past year after a couple of years battling injuries. The Niners considered him a disappointment. If I were a GM, I'd rather pay Clowney that kind of short contract. I don't trust Young any more than I'd trust Michael Thomas. But I would like Mike Williams to the Panthers on a shortish deal. Dude is money when he's healthy. It's the healthy thing that's the problem.

Yeah, not a great year for him but I thought the potential tag is still on him and someone would give a cap friendly 3 year deal.

A Packers OT?

Just a reminder the Panthers picked Brandon Smith over Zach Tom. They waived Smith before last season.

A Packers OT?

Just a reminder the Panthers picked Brandon Smith over Zach Tom. They waived Smith before last season.

so frustrating

zach tom and at perry just there for the taking!

yosh is solid depth

Back