• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 NASCAR Thread - Enjoy Illinois 300 - World Wide Technology Raceway - 6/2/24 - 3:30 FS1

Stewart has moved on to drag racing and starting a family with his wife. Hard to watch as NASCAR is changing so much and the old guard is leaving the sport. 15-20 yrs ago I went to multiple NASCAR events every year, and really enjoyed being at the dirt races at Bristol two years ago. I just don't follow Cup anymore. I would much rather go to Wake County, B-G, Caraway, etc.

Stewart has moved on to drag racing and starting a family with his wife. Hard to watch as NASCAR is changing so much and the old guard is leaving the sport. 15-20 yrs ago I went to multiple NASCAR events every year, and really enjoyed being at the dirt races at Bristol two years ago. I just don't follow Cup anymore. I would much rather go to Wake County, B-G, Caraway, etc.

NASCAR has lost its personalities. The fake Stenhouse fight during primetime was an attempt to revive interest but fell short ( in more ways than one ). Today, it just feels so corporate and manufactured. Kind of the way I feel college sports are leaning.

Cale Yarborough punching the shit out of Donnie Allison was authentic. This nonsense today.... not so much.

When Harvick retired I didn’t have a driver for the first time in my life. After the first few weeks I realized how bad the racing in the Cup series is now that I didn’t have a rooting interest. I will watch the CARS Tour all day over Cup. I went to the XFinity race on Saturday. Had no interest in the 600. The cars are just too easy to drive in Cup these days.

Lmk when you’re at any of those! We can meet up and I can interview you :)

When Harvick retired I didn’t have a driver for the first time in my life. After the first few weeks I realized how bad the racing in the Cup series is now that I didn’t have a rooting interest. I will watch the CARS Tour all day over Cup. I went to the XFinity race on Saturday. Had no interest in the 600. The cars are just too easy to drive in Cup these days.
This happened to me back when Junior retired in 2017. After he left (I was and am a die hard fan), there was no one that I cared enough about-- either rooting for or rooting against -- to garner my attention. The Cup series lost many of its biggest names and personalities in about a 3 year span from 2015-2018, including Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Dale Jr., Tony Stewart, Carl Edwards, among others, leaving a black hole that the new/younger drivers have not been able to fill.

For nearly ten years, a bunch of us went to Martinsville twice a year, always getting the same seats right on the start/finish line. It was something I truly looked forward to doing. Seeing Junior win in 2014 and Matt Kenseth "accidentally" wreck Logano in 2015 are two of my greatest "in-person" sports memories. Now, my Dad doesn't get around so well, my kids have grown up, and frankly I just don't enjoy it any more. That night race in Spring 2022, with its terrible weather and even worse racing, was the final straw for me. I haven't seriously considered buying tickets since.

Back