• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Don't know, but I'm sure someone found some easter eggs that prove that it is. It would be fascinating if X-Men '97 Season 1 leads into Deadpool and Wolverine.

There are a lot of calls to put the team from X-Men '97 in charge of the MCU X-Men films, but I don't even know if I need live action X-Men after this.
I don’t know man. People wanted the Lower Decks team to do more Trek and that show got canceled.

It’s weird how creators who understand and seem to actively like their IP get short shrift sometimes

Yeah. DC and WB could have just Bruce Timm and crew from the DCAU start a DC live-action film universe two 15+ years ago and saved themselves a lot of trouble.

Wait, Lower Decks got cancelled? Man, between that and The Orville struggling each and every season to stay on (probably gone forever at this point) those are two big sci-fi blows.

Wait, Lower Decks got cancelled? Man, between that and The Orville struggling each and every season to stay on (probably gone forever at this point) those are two big sci-fi blows.

Yeah, the 5th season will the be last season, Paramount announced a few weeks ago.

Strange New Worlds was renewed for a 4th season, even though the 3rd season won't air until 2025

There's still the Star Trek: Academy CW-style show and a Section 31 "movie" with Michelle Yeoh coming. Frankly, both of those sound like ideas that came from the Pre-SNW/Lower Decks success drawing board and I expect they will be not great but who knows.

X-Men '97 is so good that I wonder if we'll see an Andor effect where it raises the bar for other media in the franchise. It's certainly the best writing we've seen from a Marvel property.

There are a lot of calls to put the team from X-Men '97 in charge of the MCU X-Men films, but I don't even know if I need live action X-Men after this.

I had the same thought the other day. The original run was one of my favorite cartoons of all time. It admittedly fell off near the end but those first few seasons were fire.

And X-Men '97 just completely blows it all away.

Awesome non-spoiler easter egg from the X-Men vs. Street Fighter arcade game in Episode 7.

1e328344e66186aa955dcd64f8aa952d.jpg

This show is soul reading me. My two biggest gripes about the original series were how little I liked intergalactic X Men, and that I wasn't crazy about sentinels being primary baddies. That has largely changed now that they can really get into more adult themes. I thought episode 6 was fantastic, and again hammered home a solid theme. I busted out laughing when Deathbird called our galaxy "The Milky Way Ghetto". They did such an amazing job of bringing out that pure hate of a culture she's never even really interacted with. Then for episode 7, my biggest complaint about the sentinels is that they're not people. They have no real face and only a one track mind. Whelp, now enter Bastion and bam. You've got a sentinel with a human face and motives. The line to Sinister that was like "You've been trying to kill the X Men since 1992. I use your suggestions as a roadmap for what NOT to do" really put him on a-whole-nother level. Not many people get to son Mr. Sinister. As for the episode in general, I thought pretty much everything Nightcrawler said was great. The dialogue has just been top notch all season, but juxtaposing his pure joy at the beginning of episode 5 in Genosha with his handling of grief here has really hit me in the feels.

Last edited:
Gonna put this here so I don't get mocked out of the sports thread, but a buddy of mine said "Forbes is like Angstrom Levy: just a portal master!"
I thought he was stronger.
This show is soul reading me. My two biggest gripes about the original series were how little I liked intergalactic X Men, and that I wasn't crazy about sentinels being primary baddies. That has largely changed now that they can really get into more adult themes. I thought episode 6 was fantastic, and again hammered home a solid theme. I busted out laughing when Deathbird called our galaxy "The Milky Way Ghetto". They did such an amazing job of bringing out that pure hate of a culture she's never even really interacted with. Then for episode 7, my biggest complaint about the sentinels is that they're not people. They have no real face and a one track mind. Whelp, now enter Bastion and bam. You've got a sentinel with a human face and motives. The line to Sinister that was like "You've been trying to kill the X Men since 1992. I use your suggestions as a roadmap for what NOT to do" really put him on a-whole-nother level. Not many people just get to son Mr. Sinister. As for the episode in general, I thought pretty much everything Nightcrawler said was great. The dialogue has just been top notch all season, but juxtaposing his pure joy at the beginning of episode 5 in Genosha with his handling of grief here has really hit me in the feels.
I generally agree with your gripes. 30+ years ago, the space episodes weren't my favorites, even the Phoenix Saga.

I was fine with the Sentinels mostly because kids' TV allowed the X-Men to fully use their powers against robots, especially Wolverine. My recent rewatch hammered home that the Sentinels represented a soulless police state repressing marginalized groups on behalf of the government. That made Master Mold the Genosha slavery arch much more menacing because it showed how marginalized have to grind to maintain the police state and are powerless to stop it.

I highly recommend watching episode easter egg videos. I watch Screen Crush on Wednesdays and New Rockstars on Thursdays, but I'm sure others are just as good.

Show just hits. At the end of this one the boy just shook his head to himself.

Last edited:
Back