• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

The last rumor I read is that they're not going with Planet Hulk due to the lack of Banner.

Damn, I hadn't heard that. Do they realize how off the charts that movie would be? That movie would CRUSH records.

I think you mean SMASH!

Yeah, they're banking on Ruffalo to make bank. He was quite good in Avengers.

Just one more week. I'm in the "very excited" camp. I know nothing of Cavill but he looks like a legit Clark/Kal. Far more so than that last clown, Routh.

Even the origin part of the movie looks promising and I always hate that part.

If you need more reasons to get excited for Man of Steel, early reviews are starting to come in. Drew McWeeny just posted a gushing review on HitFix

""Man Of Steel" is the Superman movie I've waited my whole life to see.

In the film, the most important struggle that Clark Kent aka Kal-El (Henry Cavill) has to overcome is the tension between his Kryptonian nature and his Earthly nurture. He is the last remnant of a once-vibrant race, and he is also fully human, a nice kid from Kansas. From that small description, this film spins a story so epic, so powerful, that my first viewing of it left me dizzy."

http://bit.ly/13TbDJm

Is there. In the history of mankind. A greater come back story than Robert Downey, Jr.?

Trick question. There is not. And there will never be.

Figured out what? To do a re-imagining of the greatest superhero movie ever?

The original Superman II laid the foundation for everything since.

If you need more reasons to get excited for Man of Steel, early reviews are starting to come in. Drew McWeeny just posted a gushing review on HitFix

""Man Of Steel" is the Superman movie I've waited my whole life to see.

In the film, the most important struggle that Clark Kent aka Kal-El (Henry Cavill) has to overcome is the tension between his Kryptonian nature and his Earthly nurture. He is the last remnant of a once-vibrant race, and he is also fully human, a nice kid from Kansas. From that small description, this film spins a story so epic, so powerful, that my first viewing of it left me dizzy."

http://bit.ly/13TbDJm

Heads up. This review is extremely spoilerific.

Figured out what? To do a re-imagining of the greatest superhero movie ever?

The original Superman II laid the foundation for everything since.

DC has really struggled with the superhero genre in recent years, especially in their effort to keep pace with Marvel. With the flop that was Green Lantern and their inability to get anything Wonder Woman off the ground (let's not even mention Superman Returns), DC needed a home run with something that didn't involve The Dark Knight to have any hopes of doing Justice League film. I've maintained all along that MOS has to be a home run, and I think it will be.

Have any of the trailers had a shot of Clark Kent, Daily Planet reporter?

If MOS is as good as the hype, cramming this Superman into a rushed Justice League movie would be a waste.

Thanks for the heads up.

I don't recall seeing any Clark Kent as a reporter images. Just of him hitchhiking and on the oil rig.

That's what I thought. I'm guessing the film ends with him at the Planet although I hope it's not stalkerish.

If MOS is as good as the hype, cramming this Superman into a rushed Justice League movie would be a waste.

Possibly...although if Chris Nolan gets attached to the project, I'd be willing to give him a shot.

They announced today that they are fast tracking Man of Steel 2. Snyder has said that it would be important to do MoS2 before Justice League.

Back