• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

My favorite comment about what Bane's voice sounds like was...

"He sounds like a drunk Sean Connery talking into one of these"
27.jpg

Why? What's the point, other than to find another reason to unfairly compare TDKR with TDK?

Seems to me from the Nolan letter that they weren't even thinking of a third movie while making the second one. Considering Ledger died before TDK was complete, I'd say there was no plan.

That makes sense, I didn't realize he died that quickly.

That makes sense, I didn't realize he died that quickly.

Pretty sure the actual production of TDK had wrapped when he died, but I could be wrong. He was definitely going to be in it, and there was definitely going to be a third. Don't kid yourself. Nolan intended to do The Dark Knight Returns probably before even writing the script for Batman Begins (aka Year One)

So you think Joker would have had Scarecrow's role in TDKR OR do you think the whole "Trial of the Joker" would have happened?

Cause I could see where Hollywood would have made Nolan stretch this thing out and basically do a sequel of TDK. Joker is on trial, wrecks havoc, escapes, etc.

So you think Joker would have had Scarecrow's role in TDKR OR do you think the whole "Trial of the Joker" would have happened?

Cause I could see where Hollywood would have made Nolan stretch this thing out and basically do a sequel of TDK. Joker is on trial, wrecks havoc, escapes, etc.

It would have been a similar story. Joker may have just had a cameo, but he would have been there.

Pretty sure the actual production of TDK had wrapped when he died, but I could be wrong. He was definitely going to be in it, and there was definitely going to be a third. Don't kid yourself. Nolan intended to do The Dark Knight Returns probably before even writing the script for Batman Begins (aka Year One)

Yeah, it was pretty obvious the progression he took from Year One (Begins) to The Long Halloween (TDK) to The Dark Knight Returns (TDKR). Frank Miller almost deserves a credit in there somewhere.

After seeing it again I truly believe Bruce Wayne is dead. He was in the Bat Wing with 4 seconds left on the timer. No circumstantial evidence in the epilogue is strong enough to discredit the finality of time itself.

After seeing it again I truly believe Bruce Wayne is dead. He was in the Bat Wing with 4 seconds left on the timer. No circumstantial evidence in the epilogue is strong enough to discredit the finality of time itself.

So you think he either forgot that he fixed the auto pilot, or he committed unnecessary suicide?

So you think he either forgot that he fixed the auto pilot, or he committed unnecessary suicide?

Well he did just tell Selina that there was no autopilot. Why would he lie to her? Im not supposing anything except that he is still a perfectly mortal man who will die in the blast radius of a Neutron bomb. Am I supposed to believe he pulled a Bat submarine out of his belt and dove to the bottom of the ocean in 2 seconds? I can suspend my disbelief enoght to believe that his broken back can completely heal in 4 months but escaping a huge blast radius in the open ocean with 4 seconds is too unbelievable. He's not Superman and I think his mortality is very important to the storyline and character. It would be a very Nolan thing to do to end with a grief stricken Albert imagining Bruce being alive and happy.

Last edited:
The bigger leap is to assume that Alfred was imagining Bruce. Believe what you will, that's your right as a movie-goer, but that's a lot of work to go through to fool the viewer into thinking Wayne was alive when there's no evidence provided to the contrary.

Last edited:
Well he did just tell Selina that there was no autopilot. Why would he lie to her? Im not supposing anything except that he is still a perfectly mortal man who will die in the blast radius of a Neutron bomb. Am I supposed to believe he pulled a Bat submarine out of his belt and dove to the bottom of the ocean in 2 seconds? I can suspend my disbelief enoght to believe that his broken back can completely heal in 4 months but escaping a huge blast radius in the open ocean with 4 seconds is too unbelievable. He's not Superman and I think his mortality is very important to the storyline and character. It would be a very Nolan thing to do to end with a grief stricken Albert imagining Bruce being alive and happy.

Blast building, set autopilot, jump from batwing to building as flying over.

My main question is how was the batwing not vaporized?

The bigger leap is to assume that Alfred was imagining Bruce. Believe what you will, that's your right as a movie-goer, but that's a lot of work to go through to fool the viewer into thinking Wayne was alive when there's no evidence provided to the contrary.
4 seconds isn't enough time to jump out of a plane and escape. Its not a big leap.
Blast building, set autopilot, jump from batwing to building as flying over.

My main question is how was the batwing not vaporized?
You see Batman in tge cockpit long after flying through the building, he's still there in the middle of the bay.
there were multiple batwings
I really thing that Bane would use them if so.

at the beginning lucius says "and yes mr. wayne, it does come in black." so there are multiple bats.

Back