• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Oh, I can't believe I didn't think of the obvious answer - new action figure to sell.

I’m not sure this show is plugged into the action figure market.

If I were to rank all the superhero shows right now, I think it would be:

Gifted
Jessica Jones
Legion
Daredevil
Defenders
Luke Cage
Supergirl
Flash
Runaways
Agents of Shield
Arrow
Iron Fist
Legends of Tomorrow
Inhumans

And holy hell that's a lot of super hero shows. I probably forgot a few too.

Off the top of my head, it's lacking Punisher, Lucifer, iZombie, Preacher, Happy! and Gotham.

I'm not going to rank them all, but my top two are iZombie and Legion.

Oh, I just finished Punisher a few days ago. By far the longest time it's taken me to get through a Netflix series, but that's definitely not a commentary on quality. It was very good, just hard to binge since it was pretty heavy. Sort of like how The Leftovers was hard to binge.

without having seen Gifted, I find it super hard to believe that it's better than Legion

maybe I'll have to give it a look soon

It’s very different than Legion. It’s hard to compare. The Gifted is very grounded. You could imagine it happening in real life.

Went to Marvel Universe Live: Age of Heroes this weekend. It's the second tour of Marvel Universe Live that debuted in Summer 2014.
https://www.marveluniverselive.com/

It was a lot of fun. There were a lot of characters and the stunts were cool. Our group was 3 families including 5 kids and everybody had a blast. My kids aren't that big into Marvel, but they put on their Captain America outfits and it piqued their interest. My 5 year old saw GOTG at a friend's house during a NYE party. As we left, he told one of his friends (a little girl whose three favorite characters are Ariel, Elsa, and Iron Man), "My daddy told me there are 5 movies about that." I told him, "Actually, there's like 17 movies."

I thought it was a major upgrade over the first tour which was a lot of fun as well. It's going to be in Raleigh the weekend of Jan 25 and Greensboro the weekend of Feb 8. It's in Charlotte and Atlanta about the same times next year.

Man, I’m kinda surprised this is still a thing. I have an acquaintance who was a performer during the initial run (he was Falcon) and they ended up with a lot of turnover due to how grueling the schedule was and the performers ended up not getting a lot of what they were promised when signing up. He ended up bailing after six months or so (along with the chick playing Widow who he ended up dating for a long time).

That's huge.

In other "Black" Marvel news, Black Panther has sold more presale tickets than any another Marvel movie.
http://deadline.com/2018/01/black-p...dango-advance-ticket-sales-marvel-1202239707/

26239258_1067589813381367_7857279744822293458_n.jpg

Dang, New Mutants got F'd. It was supposed to be released in 3 months, but now pushed to 2019.

Gambit lost its 3rd director. Just go ahead and be merciful and kill it.

How humiliating for WB/DC (and I really like the DC characters so not a h8r) that Black freakin' Panther is going to pwn what should have been their mega movie (JL).

Based on my Facebook, every black person in America has bought 2 tickets.

But seriously, I think it generated good buzz Monday night at halftime. A white lady friend who had never seen an MCU film posted asking which MCU films she should see to prepare for Black Panther.

Sad that all the OWGs who complained about Kendrick don’t understand how corporate synergy works.

Based on my Facebook, every black person in America has bought 2 tickets.

But seriously, I think it generated good buzz Monday night at halftime. A white lady friend who had never seen an MCU film posted asking which MCU films she should see to prepare for Black Panther.

Sad that all the OWGs who complained about Kendrick don’t understand how corporate synergy works.

BKF fuming at the AA ticket-buying bloc right now

What does it tell you when 95% of a population buys tickets to the same movie?

Sepinwall review of Black Lightning (tonight at 9 on CW)
http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/black-lightning-review-dc-cw/

The Gifted had a solid finish to Season 1. I like where they got even thought it was a kind of predictable. They set up three mutant factions vs. Sentinel Services.

Supergirl was pretty clunky in its return. I like the idea of the Legion but Braniac-5 was just not a good character. Reign is still a good villain through, probably the best they've had. I'd still like to know more about her transitions. Does she just tell her daughter she's working late?

I went in to Black Lightning with very low expectations because this is probably the first superhero thing where I knew absolutely nothing about the character. I thought the opener was incredibly strong. I love the actor they picked to play Black Lightning and am very excited for the next episode.

All I knew about the the character is whatever the promotional material had. Basically, retired (from superheroing) school principal that does electrical stuff gets back in the game. I thought it had a ham-handed start, trying to jam a lot of topicality into the first 5 minutes - a protest, being pulled over for DWB and the resulting "will they or won't they shoot someone" tension. After that I thought it told a pretty engaging story, certainly for a CW show. Like Loki, I really liked the lead guy.

I don't have a problem suspending disbelief for these shows, but sometimes, like when a dude gets a sustained jolt of electricity, I have to think the effects are a lot worse than anything we saw last night. I'm sure the answer is that he's able to modulate the current he creates but the visuals don't reflect that.

Back