• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

That's on point.

I've got to give the Marvel Netflix folks a ton of credit for the reclamation project they did with Iron Fist. Hell of a rebound season. They took the plot lines from season 1 that didn't work and scrapped them while rehabbing the season 1 characters and making all of them much better and they added new characters to help pull it all together. I really liked how they dropped from 13 to 10 episodes. I hope they let the story guided the ep count in the future. The end of season 2 got me hyped for season 3.

Next up Daredevil season 3 in a few weeks.

I'm very excited for Daredevil. It'll be nice not having the Hand around as the go to villains. I haven't heard who the villain will be but I hope Kingpin will make another appearance.

I thought I heard Bullseye.

I think it looks good.

I think it looks like they tried to take X-Men 3 and tried to make it a good movie, but that movie was so inherently bad there is no reason to try and repair it.

I don't understand why Fox didn't try to go closer to what the actual original storyline was about. GOTG showed that audiences like Cosmic storylines, and this just looks like a re-hash of the much duller "Jean has a dark side" archetype.

The Gifted had a good opener this week but wasn't as strong as I'd hoped:

1) Andy's hair is dumb and he is an annoying character in general.
2) I couldn't tell if they were moving toward him trying to get with Lorna but it could have just been awkward friendship.
3) Seriously, his hair is dumb.

"You're always sorry, Charles. And there is always a speech. Nobody cares."

I think the Dark Phoenix trailer looks like the closest thing yet to what I've wanted from the X Men, but still comes up a little short.

As much as Marvel has a villain problem, it's a shame they've butchered their best line of them. Fassbender's Magneto has carried the rejuvenation of this series, imo.

Last edited:
The X-Men have a rogues gallery as good as any in comics. It's embarrassing what they've done with most of them.

The Gifted had a good opener this week but wasn't as strong as I'd hoped:

1) Andy's hair is dumb and he is an annoying character in general.
2) I couldn't tell if they were moving toward him trying to get with Lorna but it could have just been awkward friendship.
3) Seriously, his hair is dumb.

Just a kid looking for a new big sis. He’s still a dopey 15 year old.

CBM: Spider-Man (PS4), Iron Fist, Captain Marvel trailer

Star Wars: Resistance animated series debuts on Disney Channel this weekend. Don't know much about it, but it seems more kiddie than Rebels. It looks like all the leads are kids.

The first Star Wars live action series will be "The Mandolarian."
https://www.indiewire.com/2018/10/s...taika-waititi-bryce-dallas-howard-1202009714/

The men and women joining Jon Favreau to tell the tale of new live-action “Star Wars” series “The Mandalorian” have been revealed. “Clone Wars”/”Rebels” executive producer Dave Filoni will direct the first episode, and subsequent installments will be headed up by a truly inclusive bunch, including “Thor: Ragnarok” director Taika Waititi, Bryce Dallas Howard (making her television debut after several short films and music videos), Rick Famuyiwa (“Dope”), and Deborah Chow, whose credits include “Jessica Jones,” “Lost in Space,” and “Better Call Saul.”
For any TV show, this would be an exciting line-up of directors, but for the “Star Wars” live-action universe, it’s especially notable.

Wednesday, Favreau revealed via Instagram just enough premise regarding “The Mandalorian” to get fans excited and theorizing about who “the Mandalorian” might be, including the reveal that it’s not Boba Fett or Jango Fett, and the story takes place between Episodes VI and VII:

Last edited:
Saw Venom last night. It's not as bad as critics say, and it has some perks, but the bar has been raised so high with the MCU that it's tough to beat. It's entertaining, but has almost 0 depth. They sprinkle some themes in, but develop them WAYYYY too quickly.

I guess if you're tired of what comic book movies have become, this takes a detour from that cookie cutter mold that has developed. I think the most accurate review I've read was the one that mentioned that this reminds them of a comic book movie before Ironman 1, although, I'd add that it's a little darker than those. I kept thinking that it reminded me more of an Alien or Predator movie than a Marvel one, except they made the mistake of pulling the R rating in favor of PG 13. I expect the Spawn remake to be very similar to this style. Last thing I'll say is that I have no idea why Tom Hardy chose the voice he did (he sounds like Mike Tyson), but other than that, he was solid.

Last edited:
Thanks. Seems like an R would have been a good choice for a one off or solo trilogy but not to start a franchise.

I watched Darkman for the first time the other night. Super corny. People say "that is what comic book movies used to be like" but Batman/Superman weren't.

Strong premieres for The Flash and Black Lightning. At this point, The Flash has its basic formula and it is what it is. Nora seems like a nice addition to the cast. Great Batman Beyond reference that looks like it will be a thing this season.

Black Lightning continued its momentum. Great hallway fight scene that is probably the best I've seen since Daredevil Season 1. The music in this ep was particularly strong.

Back