• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Strong premieres for The Flash and Black Lightning. At this point, The Flash has its basic formula and it is what it is. Nora seems like a nice addition to the cast. Great Batman Beyond reference that looks like it will be a thing this season.

Black Lightning continued its momentum. Great hallway fight scene that is probably the best I've seen since Daredevil Season 1. The music in this ep was particularly strong.

Flash was okay, I just didn't buy Barry's 11th hour decision that Nora should get to stick around. Arrow used season 5 to bring a lot of things full circle for that show, so I hope Flash gets around to addressing his involvement in Crisis on Infinite Earths as it feels unlikely that all of these shows are going to be around long enough to do a Crisis crossover.

Anyone else subscribe to DC Universe Online? It launched about a month ago and I signed up back in the summer. I've been pretty underwhelmed. The movies and animation are cool and I'll definitely check out Titans later this month, but the comics selection is abysmal and way behind what Marvel is doing with Unlimited.

Venom wasn't nearly as bad as the reviews made it out to be. I agree with takes that the bar for CBM's has been raised so high that we tend to expect all of them to be good to great now.

Anyone else subscribe to DC Universe Online? It launched about a month ago and I signed up back in the summer. I've been pretty underwhelmed. The movies and animation are cool and I'll definitely check out Titans later this month, but the comics selection is abysmal and way behind what Marvel is doing with Unlimited.

I plan to subscribe at some point after Young Justice drops. I'll binge the first two seasons before I start the third season. Continuity is big in that show.

I've got to make this joke from the first episode of Young Justice.

I plan to subscribe at some point after Young Justice drops. I'll binge the first two seasons before I start the third season. Continuity is big in that show.

I've got to make this joke from the first episode of Young Justice.

I think you can be in Europe.

I thought for a second I had finally found someone to play DCUO with. The game was criminally underrated, even if it did get a little repetitive over time.

Iron Fist got cancelled by Netflix. I'm mad. The end of season 2 got my hyped for season 3.

Disney Play (the upcoming streaming service) announced it will feature a Loki TV show and a Scarlet Witch TV show. Fascinating stuff.

Iron Fist got cancelled by Netflix. I'm mad. The end of season 2 got my hyped for season 3.

Disney Play (the upcoming streaming service) announced it will feature a Loki TV show and a Scarlet Witch TV show. Fascinating stuff.

How does that work with The Defenders?

The Defenders is a different show. It can have whatever characters it wants.

They could also do heroes for hire. Or the Disney service could pick up iron fist. Or none of the above.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Disney tried to move them all to Disney Play.

Strong start for Arrow tonight. Looks like the Supermax plot will stick around for a bit.

Just saw that in addition to Batwoman, Superman and Lois Lane will be in this season's Arrowverse crossover. It's 3 parts instead of 4 so I assume it will be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday during Supergirl, Arrow, and The Flash.

I read today that the hope is that this year's crossover will be a backdoor pilot for both Batwoman AND a Superman show on the CW. I have to assume that at least one of Supergirl, Legends, or Arrow will bite the dust after this season. Supergirl isn't off to the most promising of starts since I still feel like the social commentary is impeding the plot rather than enhancing it. The writing is just so clumsy. At least Legends is enough fun that you don't notice the writing is bad.

And yeah, I agree Arrow is off to a strong start. That show has gotten better year over year. It's still my favorite.

Yeah. Read today that Lex Luther will join the show after the crossover.

Supergirl’s reset earned some patience from me. The end of last season was very clumsy. Black Lightning does unapologetic social commentary much better than Supergirl. Very curious how Supergirl will handle a trans character.

Now that Gotham is ending, I'm hoping CW picks up a Batman show but I think they'd be spreading themselves a little too thin at that point.

Back