• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

That was my thinking as well. They aren't canceled because of ratings. They are canceled because Disney likely made a behind the scenes deal with Netflix to stop making the series so that they could do it.

I thought the same, but I read somewhere that Disney isn't likely to pick them up on that service due to the dark and violent nature of the Netflix series. Hulu may be a more likely landing spot.

I think the Netflix-Disney contract only went through JJ S3 anyway.

It’s pretty clear Disney will continue them on Disney+. Disney needs content to compete with Netflix and all three shows so far have ended with obvious nods to the future.

I expect the same fate that happened with the Marvel cartoons when Disney took over.

I expect the same fate that happened with the Marvel cartoons when Disney took over.

I hope not. The main reason for that is Disney/Marvel wanted to make their own Avengers and Spiderman animated series and wanted to bury X-Men.

Right. Marvel even ended comics like fantastic 4 and other properties they did not have the movie rights to in order to squeeze them out.

I just finished DD3 last night. It was really good and a great continuation of the series. I sincerely hope there are more seasons of it.

I hope all the CW shows (except Legends) have learned that sticking with one major villain and one major story line and moving away from "freak of the week" programming. It's done wonders for Supergirl along with the heavy political allegory. Manchester Black has been a great addition to the cast. This is definitely been the strongest stretch for the show. Looking forward to the Elseworlds crossover.

I hope all the CW shows (except Legends) have learned that sticking with one major villain and one major story line and moving away from "freak of the week" programming. It's done wonders for Supergirl along with the heavy political allegory. Manchester Black has been a great addition to the cast. This is definitely been the strongest stretch for the show. Looking forward to the Elseworlds crossover.

I'm finally on board with Supergirl. I 100% agree about the inclusion of the Manchester Black character. An anti-hero makes for a perfect contrast to the ultra-clean image of Supergirl herself. I am curious how they're going to wrap up (if they do) the current plot line with the Agent Liberty character. It doesn't seem like there is any tidy way to wrap that up and it could linger for a long while. I mentioned to my wife last night that the show had turned pretty dark pretty quickly. Maybe the Russian Supergirl will end up with Agent Liberty? That would be so on the nose.

Arrow is having its best season since S2. I somewhat hope we aren't done with Diaz because he's been such an excellent villain. That prison riot episode was really good, and the subplot with Bronze Tiger and crazy cellmate guy were interesting loose ends.

Legends is Legends. Still fun, still a nice change of pace from the other three.

Flash I feel like is kinda struggling. The formula hasn't changed enough since S1 and it desperately needs a shake up. Hopefully this season actually starts moving us towards Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I think Flash has improved. The focus on parenthood this season has largely worked also Joe’s absence is notable. They’ve largely fixed issues with the cast. Everyone has a role now. But the overall plot and pacing is still a work in progress.

I completely forgot about Russian Supergirl. Good luck with that one.

Black Lightning has been good. The South Freeland plot line was a little weird but I like how they’ve expanded the universe. The Khalil plotline has been good. Tobias continues to be a good villain even though his character has been struggling.

Anyone else catch the the guy from the chargers say yesterday that he was from Wakanda Tech?

After the latest Legends, I was impressed by the actor playing Nate's dad, so I looked him up on IMDB and it was...... Biff Tannen.

The end of the new Captain Marvel trailer makes me really really really hope to see a good Silver Surfer movie done once in my lifetime.

Last edited:
Pretty amazing that we are at the point where we just saw a Captain Marvel trailer and it’s just like “Well that’s just par for the course for Marvel.”

Additional thought, with all these new film announcements, I really think some of these MCU films will air be on Disney+. Kind of like the Netflix series but films.

would've been pretty fun if they had gone back to 90's quality filming/practical effects for this film

Wow. Best Spider-Man movie? Best Marvel movie? Some people really like this.

My six year old won't stop talking about it. He loves spider-ham already. It would be his first comic movie.

Spider-verse got a Golden Globes nomination for Best Animated Feature.

Black Panther got Golden Globe nominations for Best Drama and Best Original Score.

Back