• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Somehow I've actually seen them all save for Suicide Squad. I guess by default Wonder Woman is the best, but my warm take is that it's pretty overrated. The middle section is strong but then just devolves into comic book punching nonsense at the end. Man of Steel, Justice League, BvS are all great watches for unintentional comedy for how bad they are. Really DC should just embrace the awfulness because there is clearly still an audience for it.

Wonder Woman stretched that ending WAYYYYY too far, but other than that was good. I thought Justice League was a close 2nd, but the ending falls apart because of the common DC issue that Superman is overpowered.

Last edited:
I think my biggest problem with WW is it felt like girl Captain America.

I think my biggest problem with WW is it felt like girl Captain America.

If DC wants to right the ship by starting with paint by numbers of MCU films, so be it.

Last edited:
"Yes this is a superhero movie, but I still say we just blow up the almighty evil spirit with a big bomb."

My own ranking would put JL a notch above SS for 2nd to last. The Cavill (lack of) stache right off the bat took me out of the movie and it never recovered. I put it below BvS because at least that movie had a couple of scenes I can rewatch. There's nothing in JL I want to see again. The Supes vs the league scene was cool adjacent and almost got there, but no. Oddly enough, I put BvS ahead of JL since the former was memorably bad ("Why did you say that name?") JL was just... bleh.

Wonder Woman
Man of Steel
Justice League
BatvsSup

And I fuckin hated Batman vs Superman. I thought Man of Steel was just ok. Henry Cavill's wooden acting and Zach Snider's grim story telling don't combine well, and Cavill was still more more engaging than Batfleck, who played Batman like an alcoholic dad going through an expensive divorce.

Last edited:
Saw Spider-man again. It was even better the second time around. Absolutely amazing movie in every aspect.

Saw Spider-man again. It was even better the second time around. Absolutely amazing movie in every aspect.

Saw it last night with my kids. Amazing movie. Would love to see more animated comic adaptations done in that style.

Back