• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

During two Wake games?

Absolutely beautiful film. Very well done. A lot of characters got some good moments. The two 6 year olds I saw it with loved it.

Just wondering if the parents of the two 6 year olds you watched it with knew you were kicking it with them?

Yeah. It was my son and one of his best friends. Her parents were more than happy we took them to the movie.

Spiderverse was so good. Just an incredibly well made, hilarious movie with a good message. A little bit over the 5 year old's head but the two older kids loved it.

I have encountered some people that loved Aquaman. I had words of disagreement with these people since I don't share that opinion. There's too much going on, too long, too dumb. I don't hate it like Suicide Squad but dang, not what I was hoping for.

CBM: Aquaman, Spider-Verse, and Marvel trailers

I freakin loved Into the spiderverse.... I want to go alone the next time since I had 10, yes 10! , kids with me. Movie was so good that everyone of them behaved perfectly

Last edited:
A holiday message from Luke Cage.

Another vote for Spiderverse. Amazing film. Not sure I have the vernacular to articulate but it blows all previous animation/CGI away. It blends multiple animation styles in the same shots, at one point I thought maybe it was a 3D movie and I wasnt given the glasses. Just a huge step forward as far as the technology goes, and the story is great.

Another vote for Spiderverse. Amazing film. Not sure I have the vernacular to articulate but it blows all previous animation/CGI away. It blends multiple animation styles in the same shots, at one point I thought maybe it was a 3D movie and I wasnt given the glasses. Just a huge step forward as far as the technology goes, and the story is great.

Our theater had the glasses even thought we were not seeing the 3d version. Dude next to me had them on for half the movie.

I have encountered some people that loved Aquaman. I had words of disagreement with these people since I don't share that opinion. There's too much going on, too long, too dumb. I don't hate it like Suicide Squad but dang, not what I was hoping for.

Aquaman was terrible. I agree that I dont hate it as much as Suicide Squad, but it was really bad. The dialogue was cringeworthy and hamfisted to say the least. To watch that much screen talent be forced to act out that script was just painful. If I were ever to have the misfortune of watching it again, Id have to keep count of how many times a character called themself by their super hero name. It was like a bad "Im Batman" joke. Everything is WAY over explained, as though anyone going to watch the Aquaman movie has never read a single comicbook or even seen a sci-fi...anything. I would say its worse than Batman vs Superman, but obviously the source material doesn't hold a candle to BvS, and the lead actors/actresses don't mail it in like Affleck and Cavill.

Just when I thought DC was digging out of their hole, they lay this egg.

Last edited:
Aquaman was terrible. I agree that I dont hate it as much as Suicide Squad, but it was really bad. The dialogue was cringeworthy and hamfisted to say the least. To watch that much screen talent be forced to act out that script was just painful. If I were ever to have the misfortune of watching it again, Id have to keep count of how many times a character called themself by their super hero name. It was like a bad "Im Batman" joke. Everything is WAY over explained, as though anyone going to watch the Aquaman movie has never read a single comicbook or even seen a sci-fi anything. I would say its worse than Batman vs Superman, but obviously the source material doesn't hold a candle to BvS, and the lead actors don't mail it in like Affleck and Cavill.

Just when I thought DC was digging out of their hole, they lay this egg. Im also still confused as to how Aquaman got a movie before pretty much any other JL member, especially The Flash. If they want to have him close it out with some time travel (if for no other reason than to give Superman the boot all-together) then that makes sense, but I have 0 confidence in them building an interdimensional timeline when they can't keep one straight.

By contrast, it's pretty amazing how rarely this happens in MCU films and TV shows.

When Patrick Wilson said "I am...... THE OCEAN MASTER" and the music went "dun dun dun" was the exact moment I said "fuck you movie."

The CW shows handle this well. Villain names are a running joke.

I saw Aquaman last night. I thought the visuals we very good and Amber Heard was really hot. Shit got dopey a couple of times (it’s a comic book movie) but it was enjoyable.

Is Aquaman supposed to be serious? Haven't seen it but from what I have heard maybe you are missing the camp in a movie that has Octopi playing drums? And Pitbull?

It's possible I'm just being a stick in the mud, but the over the top battle scenes were actually the only enjoyable parts. It's everything in between that was horrible. I also don't think that DC has stockpiled enough credibility to poke fun at anything at this point in their productions.

It's also not as though I go into comic book movies expecting to see Citizen Kane.

Last edited:
And If I could breathe underwater I'd do whatever Amber Heard told me to do.

Back