• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

AvX would be awesome but I think it would be kinda hard to do because they haven't really established the X-Men characters very well. Other than Cyclops and Colossus, none of the other cast have really been featured in films. Emma Frost was in the X-Men Origins movie but she was very forgettable. Namor, Magik, and Hope haven't been featured at all. Maybe they sub out some of those guys with other X-Men but I think they need to do a little more world building in X-Men first.

CBM: Aquaman, Spider-Verse, and Marvel trailers

Yeah. That’s why I said the 6th avengers movie. That would be 5-6 years from now. And I don’t think it would necessarily be the story from the comics.

Frost was in First Class. But yes, forgettable.

Yeah. That’s why I said the 6th avengers movie. That would be 5-6 years from now. And I don’t think it would necessarily be the story from the comics.

Frost was in First Class. But yes, forgettable.

Right, First Class. She was also in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Equally forgettable however. She is a great character and has amazing depth so I'd love to see her used more properly.

Yeah. The young Emma Frost at the end. Gotcha.

The Gifted is doing a nice job with a similar character.

X-Men can be really, really well done. I have a lot of faith in the MCU to get those characters right. They could honestly carry the MCU at some point down the road when the Avengers story lines get kinda tired.

X-Men can be really, really well done. I have a lot of faith in the MCU to get those characters right. They could honestly carry the MCU at some point down the road when the Avengers story lines get kinda tired.

I agree. Of course, I've always been a big X Men fan and not so much an Avengers fan, but the XMen have had so many memorable story lines and so many different compelling characters. There is a ton of material there waiting to be done well.

That's sort of the story of Marvel Comics. Avengers and the original crew started things off but eventually X-Men far surpassed them in popularity. Perhaps history will repeat.

It will be interesting to see if the MCU can balance the heroic Avengers with the hated and scorned mutants like the comics.

Yeah. The young Emma Frost at the end. Gotcha.

The Gifted is doing a nice job with a similar character.

* puts on nerd glasses *

Technically, Esme and her sisters are the Stepford Cuckoos. They share telepathic powers and were biologically created from Emma Frost's embryos. There were originally 5 of them but 2 of them died. They also have the ability to turn into diamond similar to Emma but they have not done so on the Gifted yet.

* takes off nerd glasses *

I'm sure you knew that already Ph but I wanted to educate the rest of the board :)

Yeah. I was trying not to spoil them since we haven’t discussed The Gifted that often. I’d anybody else watching it?

Sad to hear that but 10 years is one hell of a run so nothing to be sorry about there. Hopefully he'll still pop up on Flash occasionally and the yearly crossovers.

* puts on nerd glasses *

Technically, Esme and her sisters are the Stepford Cuckoos. They share telepathic powers and were biologically created from Emma Frost's embryos. There were originally 5 of them but 2 of them died. They also have the ability to turn into diamond similar to Emma but they have not done so on the Gifted yet.

* takes off nerd glasses *

I'm sure you knew that already Ph but I wanted to educate the rest of the board :)

“Takes off”

Lol

So it looks like Amazon's Middle Earth show will focus on the Second Age, which is the era involving the rise of Men and fall of Numenor. Lots of cool stuff to mine there.

By placing the series in the Second Age, Amazon has tacitly ruled out the popular theory that the series would focus on a young Aragorn — the king-to-be of Gondor was born in the Third Age. It will, however, apparently focus on his lineage. The Second Age was also known as “the age of Númenor,” and was defined by two great events. First, the downfall of the kingdom for daring to challenge the Valar (the Middle-earth gods). And second, the formation of the Last Alliance between the remaining Númenóreans, led by Elendil (father of Isildur, who took the One Ring for himself), and the Elven king Gil-galad.

Though this is almost completely all-new territory — the Last Alliance was briefly touched upon during the Lord of the Rings movies — there may be cameos from some familiar faces (or names, at least) in the show. The Second Age also saw the founding of Rivendell under Elrond; the peak prosperity of the Dwarven city of Khazad-dûm (which was overtaken by a Balrog during the Third Age and subsequently known as Moria); and the forging of the Rings of Power.

I doubt Arrow is the last of the DC cancellations. I'm guessing Legends and maybe even Supergirl are nearing their ends as well. Flash can't be that far behind.

Are we to assume that Crisis is the 10 episode arc?

Are we to assume that Crisis is the 10 episode arc?

Crisis would certainly be worthy of that. Plus we still don't know what Oliver promised the Monitor...it would be a real bummer for Oliver to sacrifice his life for the others as his swan song.

Crisis would certainly be worthy of that. Plus we still don't know what Oliver promised the Monitor...it would be a real bummer for Oliver to sacrifice his life for the others as his swan song.

I mean, there is a reason he's not around in the Flash Forwards.

Back