• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Hey, no one is stopping you from asserting that Batman has been a recruiting tool for fascists for 80 years. That’s a fun hypothesis.

Don't forget The Wizard of Oz, with its rouge protagonist and her scofflaw dog who brutally murder two high-ranking officials, incite the duly-appointed government to abscond, and then abandon the entire country to the throes of anarchy. That doesn't even begin to address the rampant racism and speciesism of the Munchkins and flying monkeys needing a Human Savior to rescue them from their plight.

yeah, nazi hating Americans liked Law & Order up until the 80s when everyone became jaded about law enforcement.

lol

Batman was a pretty goofy character on film/TV prior to Nolan's embrace of the awful Frank Miller run, but you do you my dude

I'm watching this right now and I just want to say that my first "f u movie" just happened with the line "The woman are always saving the men. Might want to change the name to X-Women." Not due to some incel MRA reasons, but what a stupid clunky line.

Check out 2:15 to see:

Up to this point I was thinking the movie wasn't hate-worthy, the space rescue was, if not cool, cool adjacent. Now I can just let the hate flow.

I usually can find something redeeming in a movie, but Dark Phoenix was just bad.

so you agree that batman has been a popular character with consistent traits, then. cool

i have no idea what you're trying to argue, man

nolan's flicks are beautifully filmed, well acted, and downright thrilling fascist propaganda

it's weird to watch now that we're a nation that appears to be perilously close to choosing fascism

im not sure i've even disagreed except to say that the character's themes aren't exactly "new", just the grimy filter is "new" (if you count nearly 40 years of it)

im not sure i've even disagreed except to say that the character's themes aren't exactly "new", just the grimy filter is "new" (if you count nearly 40 years of it)

sure, but you don't find the underlying politics in the Nolan flicks to be a departure from those in the Clooney, West, Keaton, Kilmer, etc flicks?

i have no idea what you're trying to argue, man

nolan's flicks are beautifully filmed, well acted, and downright thrilling fascist propaganda

it's weird to watch now that we're a nation that appears to be perilously close to choosing fascism

Right. There’s a big difference comic book fascism on the big screen which is how we watched the films in the Obama era and “oh shit that could happen” fascism watching them now.

I give a Robert Redford head nod of approval gif to The Batman casting so far.

To recap:
Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon
Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman
Dano and Pattinson.

There's a long way to go from 4 roles cast to a good movie on the screen, but so far it's a good start.

I give a Robert Redford head nod of approval gif to The Batman casting so far.

To recap:
Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon
Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman
Dano and Pattinson.

There's a long way to go from 4 roles cast to a good movie on the screen, but so far it's a good start.

Who are the villains going to be? Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin is already getting crowded yet it seems like they're missing the main villain.

Watchmen has been getting glowing reviews.

Who has a deeper rogue's gallery? Batman or Spider-Man? My gut says Batman but the Spider-Man rogue's gallery has a pretty deep bench as well.

Deep as in good or deep as in known?

The answer is Batman regardless.

Also any of the 3 vills in the movie so far are more than qualified to be "the main" villain.

The answer is Batman regardless.

Also any of the 3 vills in the movie so far are more than qualified to be "the main" villain.

They’re all lead villains but none of them as we know them could carry a climatic action sequence vs. Batman.

Back