• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Crisis was well done once again. Part 4 was largely forgettable but Part 5 left things in a very interesting place going forward.

Yeah but now they open themselves up to same problem we've talked about ad nauseam. "Oh no Flash is dealing with a super bad they can't handle. Well, just call Supergirl and she'll take care of it."

I'm curious how they integrate Superman week to week with Supergirl. Not sure what they're doing now for Supergirl, but when I watched it they leaned heavily on S-Man's rogues' gallery.

I'm not so curious though that I'll watch either of them to find the answer myself.

Yeah but now they open themselves up to same problem we've talked about ad nauseam. "Oh no Flash is dealing with a super bad they can't handle. Well, just call Supergirl and she'll take care of it."

They were already open to that. All they had to do was Vibe somebody there.

Superman will have his own show with Lois. They’ve handled that dynamic well before.

Right. If it was Black Widow: Budapest, people would be more excited.

That could have been Marvel's Rogue One. Damn. Great idea.

It also makes me sad to think about Taskmaster being wasted on a standalone movie. So many great Marvel villains are doomed to be underdeveloped one off baddies.

Though there were a lot of fun moments (Marv Wolfman! Gleek! Beebo!), Crisis didn't execute its story all that great. I would have included Ezra Miller's appearance in that list but it hurt my brain too much to figure out how that was happening. Like, is the DCEU in a reality outside of the Arrow-multiverse but the speed force links them all together? Whatevs.

Part 5 just flowed poorly. The second "save the multiverse" felt tacked on and didn't feel as urgent as when they initially saved it.

Props to Jon Cryer for giving us a Lex Luthor that does things you'd expect from Lex, not just force feeding hard candy to a senator or leaving a jar of pee with Holly Hunter.

While the Super Friends style ending with the round table was kind of cool, I would have much rather there been a Legion of Doom denouement, one where the round table has to be repaired every week because Solomon Grundy keeps trashing it.

Still, objectives accomplished - everyone was put their appropriate universe and we know who goes where, the CW shows were consolidated, everyone else is off doing their own thing.

One trope I'd be happy to see less of from not only DC but Marvel and anybody - the generic horde against the few supers just has no sense of danger. Even the normies could 1-shot whatever the Anti-Monitor's minions were.

Yes, that was horrible. It was so bad that it was easy to ignore the CGI and just look at them flailing. Marvel learned their lessons after Avengers 1 and 2 and added a few heavies in IW and Endgame.

I'm trying to convince myself this is good news/bad news. The good news part being that Watchmen's rep won't get sullied by unfulfilling successor seasons.

Yeah, I'd be interested in what he'd turn his sights to next, but I doubt it'd be as cool as Watchmen.

Eh. Lindelof always said his plans were for it to only be one season. I think him tacking on a second, even if it held up in quality, would cheapen the first a bit-- that first season is perfectly contained. I don't think it's worth the risk, and I'm not sure whatever we'd get Lindelof to say in a hypothetical season 2 would be as interesting as what he's said already.

Did The Leftovers end because Lindelof had a specific story he wanted to tell?

Did The Leftovers end because Lindelof had a specific story he wanted to tell and didn't want to just keep it going?

Did The Leftovers end because Lindelof had a specific story he wanted to tell and didn't want to just keep it going?

Don't ask me for a link, but that sounds right, he told the story he wanted to tell and ended it.

Seems like he learned an important lesson from LOST.

Yeah, I don't think lindelof ever intended more than a season. The hope was he might create a world for others to play in.

I would have been content if the first episode of "Picard" was just P Stew reading the Starfleet Technical Manual, but it was damn good. This may be the Trek I've been looking for the last 20 years.

fellow Star Trek Fans, hear me! do not let the fact that CBS handles this IP fool you: they actually know what they're doing! (after Disco S1)

I liked it and , a little slow but exceeded my expectations. CBs continues to make good Star Trek shows for Star Trek fans, casuals be damned. The writers for these shows do such a great job of weaving in canon meaningfully without it being just reference fest.

Back