• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I don't remember being more cautiously optimistic about a show/movie than I am about this.

he's awful. one of the only good things to come out of Disco was Anson Mount Pike and the hope for a pre-kirk Enterprise adventure. even more than Picard

Stargirl premieres tomorrow night on DC Universe and then on Tuesday on the CW. It's getting good reviews. This is the seventh DC show to air on the CW. They announced last week that Swamp Thing (DC Universe) will air on the CW Fall schedule and the regular shows will come back in January.

Stargirl is good. Different feel so far from the CW shows. Strong start. The production values of the opening fight scene were impressive and featured a legit Solomon Grundy.

Amy Smart is Stargirl's mom/Pat Dugan's wife. I don't think I've seen Amy Smart in anything since Road Trip. Apparently she's been working steady since then. I just don't think I've seen anything she's been in.

Ruby Rose left the Batwoman cast after a season in the title role.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...ker-ruby-rose-exits-cw-drama-season-2-1295227

Could be a very positive move for the show. She was the weak link. She lacks the charisma to carry that show. The show couldn’t explain why these intelligent, thoughtful, attractive people gravitate toward Kate. And any affection and appreciation she showed to those characters seemed forced.

You get why people are willing to put their lives on the line for Oliver, Barry, Kara, Sara, Jefferson, and even Courtney after just one episode. Never got that from Kate. Ruby had no chemistry with the rest of the cast.

So...... yay?

I love the idea that the "Snyder cut" is real yet HBO has to spend $20M to make it including bringing actors back to shoot new scenes.

I love the idea that the "Snyder cut" is real yet HBO has to spend $20M to make it including bringing actors back to shoot new scenes.

People just like giving that guy money.

I wonder if we get to meet everyone’s mom named Martha in this cut?

Stargirl had a really strong opening. I was hesitant about Luke Wilson showing up in the Berlantiverse but I thought he was great. I hope we can somehow get more Joel McHale either via flashback or comic book shenanigans.

CBM: Stargirl premieres (Mon - DC Universe, Tues - CW)

The best line I read about Luke Wilson in Stargirl was that he was born to play the stepdad who is just trying as hard as he can.

People just like giving that guy money.

I wonder if we get to meet everyone’s mom named Martha in this cut?

They are giving Snyder $20M more to make a Director’s Cut of a film that lost $60M to appease a toxic segment of their fanbase.

Here’s a good summary of the problem with this.

https://www.laineygossip.com/fabled...justice-league-being-released-after-all/66283

Not sure if it's been mentioned here but apparently Christian Cooper of racist dog walk lady fame is a comic book writer and editor including for marvel.

Dang, that dude has a background for "most interesting man in the world" candidacy. President of Harvard ornithological club and Marvel writer/editor. He did most of his writing in the early-mid 90s when I was at the height of my comics collecting so I no doubt have some of his work.

Anyway, I saw Stargirl eps 1 and 2 over the last 10 hours. After my initial disappointment that I wasn't getting more Joel McHale as StarMan, I really got into it. Since she's Geoff John's creation, I'm going to guess he makes sure the show gets love and attention from the creative staff. Consider me officially "in" for this show.

Legends man, I think that last episode is the one I remember 20 years from now. Maybe their best effort to date, probably 2nd tbh (how can you top Beebo vs Mallus?)

Cooper also created the first homosexual character in the Star Trek universe. Dude seems awesome.

Stargirl is excellent. Each episode has a nice cinematic quality to it. The special effects for S.T.R.I.P.E. are fantastic.

I was not expecting what they did in Ep 2 although it makes perfect sense for the overarching story.

And I don't think many of you subscribe to DC Universe, but it's definitely worth it between getting longer eps of Stargirl and Harley Quinn. Holy cow is Harley Quinn good.

Feel free to pm me those log in creds. I tried undepheated@ogboards :godeacs but that didn't work.

May want to try again. That should have worked.

Back