• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I still need watch s2 of Young Justice.

Hell at this point I probably should rewatch s1 because I don't remember much of it.

If you're anxiously awaiting nuggets of what Eternals is about... keep waiting.

Before anyone feels compelled to trailersplain, yes I know it's a teaser.

they didn't even intervene when Thanos showed up to kill half the universe? i can't wait to see what gets them fired up, then

Probs Mephisto

Black Lightning ends its run tonight after four seasons and 58 total episodes. It was the fifth Arrowverse show to air on CW and the second Arrowverse show to end.

In other CW news, the Painkiller show that was back door piloted this season on Black Lightning isn't going forward. That's the second Arrowverse final season back door pilot that didn't make it. I like what Black Lightning has done with Khalil this season except in that back door pilot.

The live-action Powerpuff Girls show is being re-piloted. Basically they're scrapping the idea and keeping the cast and doing it over.
https://deadline.com/2021/05/powerp...rooklyn-painkiller-picked-up-dead-1234762992/

Last edited:
I really liked Black Lightning but that ending wasn't very good.

The whole thing with Jen was weird and just came out of nowhere. There were no hints that something else was going on with her and I wonder if the whole the actress leaving the show thing was a feint to throw off fans? Either way, it wasn't handled well.

It was nice to see Tobias get his in the end and he was a great villain.

Khalil should have been better used but that was probably more a function of trying to get him his own show than anything else.

The ending felt very rushed I think. They needed more time to let metachief breathe and maybe some fallout with Tobias rigging things with the mind control meta.

How/when is the MCU going to do Doctor Doom?

Last edited:
Dr. Doom needs to be the overarching foe for phases 5-9.

CBM: Black Lightning Series Finale

I really liked Black Lightning but that ending wasn't very good.

The whole thing with Jen was weird and just came out of nowhere. There were no hints that something else was going on with her and I wonder if the whole the actress leaving the show thing was a feint to throw off fans? Either way, it wasn't handled well.

It was nice to see Tobias get his in the end and he was a great villain.

Khalil should have been better used but that was probably more a function of trying to get him his own show than anything else.

The ending felt very rushed I think. They needed more time to let metachief breathe and maybe some fallout with Tobias rigging things with the mind control meta.

The actress who played Jen left the show to work on other projects. One of her best friends died in 2019 and she reassessed her life.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a35583073/black-lightning-china-anne-mcclain-jennifer-exit/

I liked the actress who played JJ. She stepped into the role just fine. They handled the situation as good as could be expected. But they didn’t set up that ending and it was unnecessary. They didn’t even have to bring back Jen for the finale or they could have kept both characters.

The finale was definitely rushed. It may have been cancelled during production, during COVID production. It was already announced that The Flash Season 8 premiere will be a crossover and Black Lightning will be in it.

I recommend watching Superman & Lois. It has a tone more like Stargirl, the next evolution of CW DC shows. I won’t spoil the last episode, but they pulled off one of the best twists we’ve seen. It was similar to another CW twist but hard to see coming.

Last edited:
Aaron Taylor-Johnson (MCU Quicksilver) was cast as Kraven the Hunter for a Kraven the Hunter film coming out January 23, 2023. That's 20 months from now.

I suppose this had been unofficially official, but now officially official.

Glad I wasted time watching jupiter's legacy now that it has been cancelled after 1 season.

Glad I wasted time watching jupiter's legacy now that it has been cancelled after 1 season.

I decided to start watching despite thinking I'd skip this one. Seemed alright. Did it end on a cliffhanger? That'll be the nail in the coffin for me if it did.

MODOK is... kinda disappointing. I had high expectations due to the people involved. Halfway through the season's it's not the laugh riot I was hoping for. I'll finish the season but won't bemoan its cancellation should that happen.

Disneyland debuted Avengers Campus yesterday. Plenty of information out there about the rides, merchandise, stunt show, character experiences, etc. It looks really cool. I’ll be there next year.

I'm always in the market for quick 20 - 30 minute comedies that I can watch on my lunch break, so I finished M.O.D.O.K. yesterday. None of the episodes really had me laughing, but each of them were good for at least a few chuckles. It's Patton Oswald and Seth Green's style: quick, witty little one hitters that just kind of make you go "heh, clever". That combined, obviously, with the claymation makes it nearly impossible to separate it from Robot Chicken's style (also Seth Green). So if you liked Robot Chicken/adult swim style comedy and wanted it to pivot around a Marvel character, you've got it. The more I watched it, the more I liked it, but I'm not sure it ever really got above a 6 or 7 out of 10 at best.

yeah loki was amazing. I haven't seen Owen Wilson in at least 10 years. Perfect

Back