• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Glad to hear Loki was good, some luke-warm reviews out there on the interwebs.

It may be the nature of the reviewers I follow most closely, since I think of them as most closely aligned to my preferences, but I've only seen enthusiastic reviews of Loki. 95% on RT. 100% from DH (that's me), I loved it.

I finished MODOK and want to clarify my earlier unenthused sounding post. If I'd watched it without knowing anything about involved parties, I would have found it perfectly fine. Usually funny with good deep cuts into Marvel characters and lore, something like a 7/10ish score, which is good. However, when you tell me it's made by the Robot Chicken folks + Patton Oswalt, I'm looking for a 9/10. Regardless I'll keep watching and I do hope for more seasons to come.

Owen Wilson made me laugh more than any other MCU show/movie

It may be the nature of the reviewers I follow most closely, since I think of them as most closely aligned to my preferences, but I've only seen enthusiastic reviews of Loki. 95% on RT. 100% from DH (that's me), I loved it.

+1

Yeah, I liked it. This was a good setup that leaned heavily on establishing the Mobius-Loki dynamic and overall world building. It's clear bigger things are going to happen in the next few episodes. This has to change the overall MCU in some meaningful way.

As an Agents of SHIELD fan, I thought the mention of Coulson was a deliberate way to say this show isn't going to exist on the periphery of the MCU. It also toed the line of saying the show wasn't canon. Would have been easy for Mobius to say, "He lived by the way. It was whole thing and he time-travelled too."

The easter egg articles and background on some of the characters suggest Kang may debut here not in Ant-Man 3. Obviously, that makes sense.

Curious what lokisapocalypse thinks about the show.

Aaaaand I'm out. See y'all later. Not able to watch until Friday evening with the family.

looks pretty fun.

please do a GI Joe using the same 80s art style, guys. thanks in advance

See if you can find the GI Joe Resolute videos that were done about 15 years ago. It was a short series that added up to about an hour of actual content.

This is probably a dumb questions but are the mystical beings that created the single timeline and TVA the Eternals?

Last edited:
Externals the X-Men foes? Nah, everyone we've seen has been in established (Universe 616) lore so far, including the Time Keepers.

Man, I love the whole mid century, brutalist, Epcot Center aesthetic of this show

I could probably watch Hiddleston and Wilson riff at each other for 30 min each week

Last edited:
I'm a fan. Any time you do time travel, things get a bit wonky. One issue I have is when Loki brings up, "Hey, I only did it because the Avengers did it first", everyone's okay with the Avengers time traveling because, "that was supposed to happen". But how was Loki picking up the Tesseract and yeeting out of there not? I get that it goes to the whole premise of events in the true timeline are preordained and you don't actually have free will but that was a bit flimsy imo.

Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston are PHENOMENAL together.

I probably need to rewatch but I swear I saw solitare on the monitor of the TVA agent that made Loki sign a copy of everything he ever said.

I wasn't sure if when they described Loki at one point as, "the man with the blue box" if that was a shoutout to Doctor Who or not.

Speaking of which, that would be a badass cameo that would melt the mind of every nerd on the planet.

It'll be interesting to see how introducing the idea of the one true timeline goes up against the Multiverse of Madness. Which I'm guessing we all caught that those words were used very deliberately. Does that hint that things are going to go bad wrong for the TVA by the end?

If Kang isn't in the show or at least referenced at some point, I'm going to lose my shit.

Stargirl (CW) Season 2 trailer. Premieres August 10.

I hope that Jade isn't just a one shot and becomes a series regular. That would be amazing.

Series regular I think. They’re introducing a lot of new characters. Stargirl is the best CW DC show followed by Superman & Lois Amman’s Batwoman.

Anyone watching flash? I've got this entire season on the dvr and can't bother to watch them. The volume of speedsters and speed force plots over and over killed any interest. Doesn't help that i've had the hbo max super shows, prime stuff like invincible/the boys, and mcu shows. I'll give stargirl a try at some point.

Back