• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

No doubt. Here are the MCU shows announced on Disney+ Day. Shang-Chi is available for streaming on Disney+ today.

256577715_10159994174721098_460760701810938730_n.jpg

Last edited:
Zombies, f me. Not even giving that one a cursory check-in.

Not finding much info on Groot, I'm guessing that's for younger kids.

Nice teaser for Moon Knight tho.

There are a few huge benefits to continuing the 90s X-Men show instead of starting something different. First, it continues something that remains popular. I have friends whose kids watch it. I'm sure Disney+ has internal numbers that show plenty of people watch it. Second, X-Men: Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men were good shows but suffered from not being XTAS. So this should avoid that problem. Third, it probably won't conflict with what they're doing on the big screen or what Fox did before. By giving people the 90s nostalgia, it frees up the MCU to update the X-Men and maybe even move away from the main 90s X-Men to newer stories or newer storylines.

Point three stands. Had not considered that.

Finally caught Shang-Chi. Top tier Marvel for me. Thought it was excellent. Amazing fight scenes. Some hilarious moments, particularly with Awkwafina and the Mandarin. Tony Leung was amazing. Far exceeded expectations.

I think that’s one reason Eternals was a bit of a let down for some people. Marvel just introduced a bunch of brand new characters in a high tier MCU film.

I watched The Eternals last night. Marvel still hasn’t made a bad movie but this one probably ranks at the absolute bottom for me. I don’t see it holding up well with age either. Just too much crammed into it and the CGI Deviants just looked bad like something you’d see in a terrible monster movie from ten years ago. The Celestials themselves were well done though, and I liked the casting for the most part. Dane Whitman was a good character in the comics, but they should have just waited to introduce the character in a movie where they actually had something for him to do. I wasn’t expecting to see Captain Date Rape show up in the mid credit scene but that sounds like an interesting direction to take an Eternals sequel. Pip’s CGI needed work. Overall this was the kind of movie that I was afraid Guardians of the Galaxy would be when that one was announced. Guardians went on to be a classic piece of sci fi and this movie just wasn’t. Sersi and Dane should make solid additions to the Avengers eventually.

Finally caught Shang-Chi. Top tier Marvel for me. Thought it was excellent. Amazing fight scenes. Some hilarious moments, particularly with Awkwafina and the Mandarin. Tony Leung was amazing. Far exceeded expectations.

This. That film has great re-watch value.

The Assembled for Shang-Chi is up as well.

I also finally watched the Eternals yesterday so I can finally rejoin the thread. Although, every time I do it, I find that there aren't really any spoilers that I'm concerned about.

I have been reading the Marvel catalogue A-Z and coincidentally just finished the Eternals a couple of weeks ago. I was afraid the comics would spoil a major plot point. And while it kinda happened, it wasn't the big spoiler.
The spoiler being that sprite ended up being a big bad because she was tired of being a teenager

I really enjoyed but I think my expectations were low because of all the bad reviews. Angelina Jolie was incredible. I had fully expected her to just be a high profile name they kill off early but she was great. Kingo was hilarious and was a plus to every scene he was in. Makkari is a legit badass and I wanted more of her. My only complaint about the casting was that Druig just seemed to be flat and he looked like he was wearing a bad rug.

I'm really looking forward to Harry Styles as Starfox, that looks like it will be a lot of fun and I totally fanboyed out at
the Blade voice over in the 2nd post credits scene

I assume everyone has seen the No Way Home trailer by now. Can't believe it comes out in a month.

Quick CW check-in.

The Flash started Season 8 last night. The ads promised a crossover titled Armaggedon. I'm sure that will come to fruition, but within the first two minutes, the season premiere gave us what we've seen before. Something bad happens in the future and The Flash has to stop it. The crossovers are good, so I'll stick with it.

Legends of Tomorrow has pretty much returned to form. It's been solid this season with a stable plot and gradually more reveals.

Batwoman has been pretty good with Season 3's focus on new versions of old Batman villains. All of the new versions have been pretty good and most haven't been simple villain of the week stuff. The twists at the end of episode 5 were good and well-earned. They've also found a good way to use Alice who has been a good villain despite being anchored to the worst two main characters. Without Kate and Jacob, Alice still flourishes.

Supergirl ended mercifully with a silly plot to end the last season. The finale was nice though.

Stargirl Season 2 was good. Not as good as Season 1, but good. Eclipso was a good villain overall. They did some good stuff with the character and it brought out some interesting parts of other characters.

I'm looking forward to more Black Lightning even if it's just in the crossover. I'm curious how they'll address a new Batwoman (this is the first crossover without Ruby Rose, correct?). It was nice seeing Ray back, even if it was just one episode on Flash.

I agree with both of your points on Supergirl and Stargirl.

Alice is one of the most fun parts of Batwoman.

I'm not sure how I feel about Legends. I think ultimately, the cast has gotten pretty stale. I don't care one bit about Astra, Spooner, or Behrad. They just feel very generic to me and could be replaced by anyone else without missing a beat. I also think Nate flounders a lot more without his bromance with Ray to fall back on.

I agree about the Legends characters to a point. They barely use their powers so they are kind of generic. But I'm invested in the story this season, so that's a plus. To the last point, Ray had no chemistry with Barry and Chester in the Flash premiere.

If you're caught up on Batwoman, what did you think about the reveals this week and last? I feel like the writers addressed one of the biggest problems in the show and made a good story around it.

I thought the new No Way Home trailer was way too spoilery. It feels like a panic move to toss out a ton of fanfare fodder after The Eternals splatted on Rotten Tomatoes. I really wish I hadn't watched it, the No Way Home trailer that is. Also, either Cumberbatch is completely mailing it in, that isn't Strange, or they just made him a flippant idiot for seemingly no reason. As cool as the second trailer looked, it raises a lot of red flags for me.

Last edited:
Really? I thought it didn't tell us much at all. We knew all those villains were going to be in it.

I thought the new No Way Home trailer was way too spoilery. It feels like a panic move to toss out a ton of fanfare fodder after The Eternals splatted on Rotten Tomatoes. I really wish I hadn't watched it, the No Way Home trailer that is. Also, either Cumberbatch is completely mailing it in, that isn't Strange, or they just made him a flippant idiot for seemingly no reason. As cool as the second trailer looked, it raises a lot of red flags for me.

Seems super bloated to me, like the last Spiderman 3 (with a lot of the same characters). I really hope they don't screw it up, but the trailer was not promising.

The trailer basically told us what they seemingly didn't want to explicitly tell us. The end scene gave it away, add to that the frikking Brazilian trailer and, as the kids say "Illuminati confirmed" (not the Marvel Illuminati). I'm not going to expand on these pronouns in case you didn't pick up on it and you may yet have an enjoyable NWH viewing experiences chock full of surprises.

Hit Monkey is out now on Hulu. The whole season. I just saw the first episode and though I'm not going to hype it, it's got me interested enough to continue and I'll check out all 10 episodes.

Had no idea what hit monkey was/is. A quick google tells me the ghost of an assassin mentors a monkey in getting revenge against bad guys. What the hell. I'll give it a shot.

Worst case it's an hour-ish of something you think sucks and you move on.

Hey, I can use that to segue to... the 4400.

I didn't expect the new 4400 to measure up to the original series but it didn't measure up to bottom feeders I've watched recently like "Y: The Last Man". After 1 episode - I'm OUT!

Back