• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Because I have the attention span of my six year old, what's the next thing? Is it the Thor movie in July or is there another series on Disney+ before that?
Ms marvel is coming in June on disney plus, but probably will not be over before the thor movie comes out in July.

I agree on Dr Strange. Was entertaining but not one of my favorites. Sorry line was a little convoluted to me but the Illuminati stuff was great

I think what is getting really tired with the Marvel films is how heavily reliant they are on macguffins. Every film is either a looming disaster that is being caused by a mysterious object or a disaster that can only be averted by finding a mysterious object.

I think what is getting really tired with the Marvel films is how heavily reliant they are on macguffins. Every film is either a looming disaster that is being caused by a mysterious object or a disaster that can only be averted by finding a mysterious object.

Is this your first rodeo with comic book stories?

CBM: Moon Knight finale/Doctor Strange 2 (spoilers)

MDMH hates all action adventure movies ever

Not really, the MCU is a very specific circumstance because there is so. much. fucking. lore. Every single film is so reliant on the audiences familiarity with the MCU that they have almost completely stopped using traditional plot devices and relatable stakes. It’s always some secret amulet to stop the apocalypse.

What are you counting as the McGuffin in this film? The Darkhold? The Book of Vishanti? America Chavez?

What was the McGuffin in Eternals, Shang-Chi, and Black Widow? Was there a McGuffin in No Way Home aside from that box with the contained spell in that Strange vs. Spidey chase scene?

Not really, the MCU is a very specific circumstance because there is so. much. fucking. lore. Every single film is so reliant on the audiences familiarity with the MCU that they have almost completely stopped using traditional plot devices and relatable stakes. It’s always some secret amulet to stop the apocalypse.

yeah, it's designed that way on purpose

We really liked Moon Knight, surprised by all the strong dislike here but to each their own. I see most of these short-ish shows as opportunities to take different spins on the traditional Marvel formula. Origin story, bad guy story, defeat bad guy with CGI battle, surprise end reveal to close. So when a show like Moon Knight figures out how to incorporate a lot of those traditional plot elements but does it in a weird/different/confusing way - particularly without over-explaining everything, it can be refreshing. And I dig the occasional WTF episode, which it certainly delivered on. Thought Isaac did a pretty amazing job of starting off with Steven Grant being just awful but redeeming him by the end - if that fell flat I get why folks would dislike it. All told I'll at least remember this show compared to the also-ran plots of the more forgettable Marvel efforts.

With you DCDeac -- I thought it was great. Unlike Loki, which I thought started really strong but turned into an absolute mess by the end, Moon Knight managed to get a little weird but didn't go off the rails and stuck the landing. Isaac and Hawke were both stellar, as was the actress who played Layla (she reminded me of the actress who played Maebe on Arrested). I was not familiar with the comics, and I really like the Indiana Jones/Mummy aspect of the story and how the Egyptian Gods were handled. Asylum episode was perfectly done. Thought there was plenty of action and it was well done as well. It's taken the top spot of the Marvel shows for me.

I think they're consolidating everything on Disney+ anyway.

My son and I have been playing Lego Avengers and a few weeks ago we unlocked MODOK as a playable character. He calls him Captain Crankypants.

Trailer for She-Hulk: Attorney at Law

It took a 3rd viewing before I noticed Jameela Jamil for the .25 seconds she was on screen.

A click-baity article that my phone's main page suggested said Marvel wasn't happy with the series so far. Dunno nothin' about the source, it's neither on my trusted nor disreputable list.

I heard those rumors too. Something about they weren't sure if it got the tone right. The trailer looks like a standard MCU series. But the pitch I remember is that it was a fourth-wall breaking sitcom. So maybe they did make adjustments. There will be 9 episodes, so that suggests it's closer to a 30 minute sitcom.

Back