• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

What an episode.

I guessing an altered timeline will bring Gambit and Magneto back, but even if they do...Damn. And if they don't double Damn. That was intense. Some notes:

• Gambit went out in the coolest way possible.
  • Poor Leech. The one time Magneto can't even save himself and he happens to be there
  • I can't find the actual picture, but you can definitely see The Watcher watching in one of the quick shots over Genosha before everything goes down.
  • I had never heard of this Rogue/Magneto love affair, so I'm glad they gave some background on it.
  • So far we've heard the sentinels refer to Storm and Magneto as "omega level" threats.
  • That was a dick move by Cable. Just stops by to let the Godzilla sentinel in? Wow man. Thanks. Seriously though, I'm interested to see where they go from here.
  • That last line from Rogue was gut wrenching

Last edited:
Yeah, and the silent/subdued credits was a great choice. All around great episode.

Like the shout outs to Scott cheating through mental projection.

Also including Emma Frost as a voyeur.

The show is hitting a lot of comics themes as well as being a follow up to the cartoon

I got behind during spring break and only got caught up to X-Men today but holy shit, this is the best thing Disney has done in a very long time. Each episode is incredible and leaves you wanting more. That Genosha episode...wow.

I've been holding off starting because the youngest and I have been watching the originals. He thinks there's too much filler and has not been enthusiastic.

I should probably just skip ahead. Maybe watch the original ending to see whats up.

I just caught up on X-Men 97. I wouldn't worry too much about the prior seasons, it's just X-Men doing X-Men things. I'm practically a blank slate, not much of anything's stuck with me from the prior series. I actually suspect I checked out at some point. Looking at the series summary on Wiki it looks like I missed everything after S3.

I'm much more enthusiastic about this new series. I figured I should catch up now because it seems like there was so much spoilery stuff I managed to avoid but figured that wouldn't last forever. It helps they're getting to stories I'm unfamiliar with, I stopped reading after Grant Morrison's run (maybe during) so I recognize a lot of Morrison era characters but not everybody.

Anyway, good stuff. I went in with lukewarm expectations but it's shattered those. Extra points for the animation too.

Another really good episode of X97. This show is absolutely killing it. The exposition has been a little much, but it’s worth it if it grips a new generation of X Men fans. If they keep ending on cliffhangers, I’m going to have to start buying the comics.

The boy and I sat down Sunday and fired up the first x97. He looked up at the end, "soooo... do YOU want to watch another episode?" He hit play before I finished yes. We burned right through all episodes.

X-Men 97 is one of the highest rated Marvel films or shows on Rotten Tomatoes. It’s tied at 98% with Ms. Marvel.

Last edited:
We all see different suggestions at the end of YouTube videos; for me 5 of the 6 suggested videos were all reactions to that Deadpool preview. What a cutthroat world, gotta be first.

It blows my mind how many YouTube sites have full reaction and/or Easter egg videos by Wednesday afternoon for shows that debuted Wednesday at midnight PST. Probably one reason I don’t typically check YouTube during the day.

Is the Wolverine in Deadpool from X97
Don't know, but I'm sure someone found some easter eggs that prove that it is. It would be fascinating if X-Men '97 Season 1 leads into Deadpool and Wolverine. I've seen some speculation to that effect given that in the comics, the main villain of Deadpool and Wolverine is the villain behind the events of episode 5. It would be synergistic to roll out the trailer two days before episode 7 gets into the aftermath of episode 5.

There are a lot of calls to put the team from X-Men '97 in charge of the MCU X-Men films, but I don't even know if I need live action X-Men after this.

Last edited:
Back