• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

X Men 97 coming right at me with my favorite villain in episode 3. It's almost like this show shaped my childhood and now they are going right back to it...

I've been clamoring for "him" to be a movie villain for over a decade, but given how those movies turned out, maybe it's good that they didn't.

He's rumored to be the main villain for the MCU live action X-Men.

THE WOKE MOB AGENDA CONTINUES TO RUIN THE MCU!

Here's a link from a not-angry neckbeard:

The surfer is my favorite character in all comics, by far. My 2 cents, it was never his penis that made him interesting (he doesn't have one!) Julia Garner is a fine actress too. I hate movie comics "fandom".

Yeah, the current MCU movie universe is a real mess, especially with all the legal troubles of Jonathan Majors, and the post-Endgame movies so far have been underwhelming, with the exception of Spider-Man: No Way Home. I agree that the MCU movie franchise really, really misses the Captain America/Iron Man films to tie everything together. Losing Chadwick Boseman didn't help either. They need to pause for a bit and do a reboot - most of the various Marvel TV series have been pretty good, certainly compared to most of the post-Endgame movies.
Shang Chi is top tier for me, but agree that everything else except No Way Home has been a miss. Agree they need a pretty lengthy break on the movie side.

Based on what I've read, Garner is playing Silver Surfer's girlfriend, not THE Silver Surfer.

What did you all think about Invincible Season 2? I thought it was good, but kind of a let down after the amazing 5th episode. Overall, I think it kind of helped reset the deck after Season 1.

What I've been reading is that she's Shalla Bal, who in the comics is Norrin Radd's (SS in comics) girlfriend but in this movie she's Shall Bal, the Silver Surfer. There's a brief arc where Shalla Bal had the power cosmic and played that role.

Based on what I've read, Garner is playing Silver Surfer's girlfriend, not THE Silver Surfer.

What did you all think about Invincible Season 2? I thought it was good, but kind of a let down after the amazing 5th episode. Overall, I think it kind of helped reset the deck after Season 1.
Is the last episode out? I finished episode eight this morning at the gym and that did not have a feel of a season finale.

Shang Chi is top tier for me, but agree that everything else except No Way Home has been a miss. Agree they need a pretty lengthy break on the movie side.
Agree, except I did enjoy Multiverse of madness as well/coupled with WandaVision. I thought the most recent guardians was fine too. This phase did so well with when it leaned into processing trauma and fall out from endgame (or trauma in general).

I think most of the movies in this phase are probably a little better re-watching them as individual movies like we did in the early part of Phase 1. The expectations for every movie to drastically take a step towards the next big bad hasn’t come to fruition, and I think that’s at the root of, at least my, frustration with some of them. But if you remove that and just watch them, most are entertaining enough. The bar was very high after endgame, but that was obviously the culmination of a decade-long set up.

Agree, except I did enjoy Multiverse of madness as well/coupled with WandaVision. I thought the most recent guardians was fine too. This phase did so well with when it leaned into processing trauma and fall out from endgame (or trauma in general).
I agree on MOM, but I liked Shang Chi more. I somehow still haven't seen GOtG 3. Need to watch that.

Watched the Invincible season finale last night. I don't think there was anything particularly wrong with any episode individually, but the scheduling and general pacing overall just seemed off. Like they were working on multiple different episodes at once and didn't always bridge them together as well as they maybe could have, especially given that there is source material. There is so much left open ended that I'm worried I won't even remember where we left off in 20 months when the next season comes out.

I wish they had just waited to start Invincible until they were already working on Season 2. I saw that the X-Men '97 team is already working on Season 3.

X-Men ‘97 Episode 5 was incredible. It raised the bar on what was already a great show.

i swear i am not a "Not my Star Trek" guy at all; i actually like almost all of Nu-Trek and am willing to take what is given

but man, Disco just is not good. Not as bad as Picard Season 2 but jesus this writing.

I haven't seen any of them. It's in queue, probably going to wait for the 9th episode to start.

Back