• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

i mean, we have a spoiler window system; can't we just use that for like half a week after opening weekend?

In the past we've done a spoiler thread until Sunday or Monday.

Separate thread until next Tuesday then we can post in here?

I don't get to see it until next wknd. Can we at least hold off on the spoilers for one week?

I didn't get to see Cap 1 for a month or so after release. It happens.

I think it's great that we have a running thread to track our reaction to all of these movies, so I don't want too much of it on another thread.

The hitch with waiting too long for this move is that Tuesday's Agents of SHIELD is reportedly a direct follow-up to The Winter Soldier, so we should be able to talk about the direct implications of the movie on the TV show.

It seems our standard protocol is spoiler free 'til after Monday, right?

Yeah. Sunday or Monday. Just trying to see what people think going into all these movies.

By the way, TWS is estimated to make $85M this weekend, the most for a April opening.

I'm trying to remember the last superhero movie I saw. May have been The Dark Knight (not Rises).

Monday is fair game in my opinion and I say that not knowing for sure that I'll get to see the movie this weekend.

I wouldn't even bother starting another spoiler thread in the meantime. But y'all can do what you want.

There were Zodiac theories?

Excellent episode. They really built up the intrigue. Marvel has done a fantastic job. Now I'm excited to see Winter Soldier and I know that I can turn on my TV on Tuesday and get a follow up to it.

One of theories claims the Clairvoyant is the head of Zodiac, a criminal organization that appeared in the Avengers and SHIELD comics. Each member represents a different astrological sign. (I still think the Clairvoyant will turn out to be MODOK myself.)

That's interesting on a couple of fronts. First there have been many different versions of Zodiac in the comics and cartoons including one version where they are either aliens or extra-dimensional beings. So the group could tie into the Blue guy in the tube if they don't want to go the Kree route. Although I have not seen it, I have read that the Agent Carter one shot introduced the Zodiac Key which was one of their weapons. So the group already exists in the MCU.

Last edited:
"The original Zodiac group debuts in the title the Avengers[1] and is established as a criminal organization founded and funded by member Cornelius van Lunt (who adopts the identity of Taurus). The group's identity is based on the zodiac from the discipline astrology, with each member adopting the persona of a sign of the zodiac, being twelve in all. The group members share leadership of the organization, with the position rotating just as the astrological zodiac changes. When not united as a group, the members of Zodiac are all based in different cities throughout the United States. Dedicated to economic and political domination of the world, the group uses any means to accomplish this, including subversion; extortion and mass murder.

Lone member Scorpio is the first member to debut in the Marvel Universe, first appearing in the title Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.[2] The character acquires a sentient extradimensional (from the Ankh dimension) artifact called the Zodiac Key, and attempts to assassinate S.H.I.E.L.D. director Nick Fury. The encounter ends with Scorpio apparently dying from a gunshot wound. The character reappears in the same title, and attempts to kill Fury once again, before being driven off by S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.[3] It is eventually revealed that this was still the original villain, but resurrected in a life model decoy body by the Zodiac Key.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac_(comics)

Zodiac_(Team)_0002.jpg

Could the Blue Guy in the Tube be Pisces?

I'm sure the group's look would be re-imagined for tv. They certainly wouldn't use these rather hokey versions.

So does TWS offically kick off the summer movie season?

One of theories claims the Clairvoyant is the head of Zodiac, a criminal organization that appeared in the Avengers and SHIELD comics. Each member represents a different astrological sign. (I still think the Clairvoyant will turn out to be MODOK myself.)

That's interesting on a couple of fronts. First there have been many different versions of Zodiac in the comics and cartoons including one version where they are either aliens or extra-dimensional beings. So the group could tie into the Blue guy in the tube if they don't want to go the Kree route. Although I have not seen it, I have read that the Agent Carter one shot introduced the Zodiac Key which was one of their weapons. So the group already exists in the MCU.

I think the clairvoyant is a distraction. I think this is all from within SHIELD. Victoria Hand is running the show for someone. Might we actually see HAMMER, or some form of it? It'd be really interesting I think to see a cinematic version of the Dark Reign. All the pieces are there for it, really.

Back