• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Well, I mean, she sort of did last night.

What bothered me is that apparently everyone sort of forgot that the canary call is a thing. That could have maybe been super useful?

This is also a good point. Like that thing has been used twice. Ever.

Yeah it's so rare I forgot how it's used. Some sort of grenade? I know I haven't seen anyone use her sonic powers like in the comics.

Pied Piper seemed like he was treading onto her turf, creating sonic wave devices, just a lot more powerful. He didn't have hypnotic abilities but that may come later.

From a commenter over at AV Club:
Overall pretty good episode, but I am still a little dumbfounded how the mayor and the cops are so under prepared against Brick (master criminal, he is not).

Mayor: the worst crime spree since Al Capone? I guess you weren't around for FUCKING DEATHSTROKE!

Hostages saved, mayor still caves. That should be her mayoral opponent's campaign slogan. Worst. Mayor. Ever.

It is sort of annoying that they just brushed over Oliver being BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE. Oh, it was cold, and I have these special herbs. OH OKAY THEN

That and literally everything having to do with Laurel are my two bugaboos right now. The storyline with her pretending to be Sara is rough.

It is sort of annoying that they just brushed over Oliver being BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE. Oh, it was cold, and I have these special herbs. OH OKAY THEN

That and literally everything having to do with Laurel are my two bugaboos right now. The storyline with her pretending to be Sara is rough.

The Oliver just randomly coming back with no explanation is my big beef this season. Lazarus Pit was so obvious and it just didn't happen...even Oliver isn't questioning it. "Oh, I was dead? Cool. Yo, Maseo, we should hang, bro."

Right, I was sort of holding out hope that they'd hint at a Lazarus pit reveal last night, but NOPE. Just snow and herbs, nature's revival.

with the success of house of cards, orange is the new black and transparent we are going to continue to see big (and bigger) names being associated with these projects. quality of course is one reason but another, i read recently, is that many of these shows are casting during "off peak" times so they may not be going up against the traditional pilot season casting. they also film for 10ish episodes and it gives bigger names more flexibility to take a "fun" or side project in between movie roles for instance.

Yeah. Also Marvel has a very strong reputation. I think Rosario Dawson and Adrienne Palicki mentioned the possibility of playing their characters in the movies as well. Their characters have more of a chance than others, but the possibility of getting a bigger place in that universe is a draw.

Enough of this Arrow shit. Let's talk about badass Dottie from Agent Carter. The showrunners confirmed that she is a product of a precursor to the Black Widow program, so we will likely get to see an Agent Carter vs. "Black Widow" fight sometime this season.

And of course, there's this.

Yeah, I think so.

Next week's Agent Carter features the Howling Commandos from Cap 1. There's only 4 more episodes left, so it looks more and more likely that things like the founding of SHIELD and Peggy's future husband won't make it into this season. That's fine because I would be more than happy to get another 8 episode season of this next year.

Maybe I misread it, but in the preview for next week, there is a Russian girl that scrambles under a table and they say is dangerous. That seemed more like a Black Widow precursor than the Dottie stuff

Maybe I misread it, but in the preview for next week, there is a Russian girl that scrambles under a table and they say is dangerous. That seemed more like a Black Widow precursor than the Dottie stuff

That's either a Dottie flashback or a Black Widow in training. Here is a long article that discusses the connections.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58853

Either way, the people in charge of the show said Dottie is a Black Widow.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/28/marvels-agent-carter-dottie-black-widow

IGN: It is safe to say that Dottie is a Black Widow?
Michele Fazekas: That’s correct! She is a product of the Black Widow Program.
Tara Butters: But we, in the series, are not actually calling her a Black Widow.
Fazekas: Yeah, we actually never say Black Widow, but people who know about it… You’ll learn even more about it and her history in the next episode.

I'm not familiar with Rachel Taylor at all, she's an attractive young lass I have to say. This isn't her first Marvel project, she starred in *drumroll* Man-Thing!

She's the woman from Transformers who was friends with Anthony Anderson's character.

So what are thoughts about posting Age of Ultron spoilers? I saw a very interesting article this weekend with some specific and several vague plot details that get into spoiler territory. There was also a minor controversy about a toy ad with possible spoilers that were confirmed by the fact Marvel destroyed all copies of the magazine and forced a reprint.

Last edited:
So what are thoughts about posting Aof Ultron spoilers? I saw a very interesting article this weekend with some specific and several vague plot details that get into spoiler territory. There was also a minor controversy about a toy ad with possible spoilers that were confirmed by the fact Marvel destroyed all copies of the magazine and forced a reprint.

post them 3-4 days after the movie comes out, as the norm?

I mean articles and interviews coming out now that include spoilers.

Not that I post much in discussion here but like reading what everyone else posts and would stay away if there were spoilers

Just post the links with a spoiler warning. Those who want to read will, those who don't will not.

Back