• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

The bar is higher for superhero movies. Compare RT for Man of Steel to Superman Returns. This FF may be better than the last two but critics are more picky because we've seen the genre done very well.

i don't disagree. just saying in a vacuum a movie stands on it's own. with all the hate and bad reviews i don't think it had much of a chance unless it was amazing. i

i'll watch it but pretty sure i'll wait until september when it's on cable.

Howard the Duck was dope! Who gave that one a shitty rating?!?!

Fantastic Four is at 7% on Rotten Tomatoes after only 42 reviews. There will be plenty more to come. The same 3 people who liked it yesterday are the only 3 on the site who like it now. It really could be sub-5%.

Saw a headline of a review that just said it was boring. That might be worse than just making a bad movie.

Add multiracial families to the list of things America just isn't ready for.

Southside Steve is a fucking moron.

He's also a morning show comedian and was 100% not serious. Classic case of HP trying to spin a bad joke non-story into what suffices for 'journalism' these days.

And as dumb as SSSteve is, he sort of has a point. Is sue storm sposed to be adopted? BC I dont think it takes a Reed Richards to figure out that multiracial kids have genetic material from both parents, you dont have one kid that gets all the white genes and another that gets all the black ones. If they wanted a multi-racial Sue Storm, they coulda just brought Jess Alba back.

This thing has just been a disaster from the beginning.

Last edited:
You must be trolling here.

No. Those movies did have a better cast.

TAB, there are plenty of ways a black dad could have a white kid and a black kid. It's not enough difficult to think about. Sue could be a step daughter, adopted, he wasn't the biological father but raised her anyway. It's 2015. Such a thing shouldn't be mindboggling.

No. Those movies did have a better cast.

TAB, there are plenty of ways a black dad could have a white kid and a black kid. It's not enough difficult to think about. Sue could be a step daughter, adopted, he wasn't the biological father but raised her anyway. It's 2015. Such a thing shouldn't be mindboggling.

Miles Teller > Iaon Guffwhatever
Kata Mara > Jessica Alba
Michael B. Jordan > Chris Evans
Jamie Bell annoys me so fine.
I don't even know the name of the Nip/Tuck guy but he wasn't good as Dr. Doom.

Michael Chicklis judges all of you. And while Kate Mara pulled off some hetero love scenes with Spacey (which is admittedly a feat), what has she done except be the 2nd best actress in that family?

7545-300x300.jpg

And PH, I am well aware of the various ways, biologically and legally, that you can make a chocolate vanilla swirl family, but my point is do they explain it?

When you have characters that have had the same family dynamic for like 60 years, and then you switch it up, it might be worth it to say "I adopted Sue right after I closed that DC Rib joint and went into astrophysics". Especially if you are re-telling the origin story anyway, at least give us the altered origin story that explains the dynamic bt Johnny and Sue.

In a movie with a dude who can stretch, a brother and sister of different races doesn't seem that crazy.

And Kerry Washington played Alicia in the first films.

No post-credit scene, bee-tee-dubs.

Articles I've read have explained that Johnny Storm's dad adopted Sue. Race issue solved.

I don't know why I care, but I'm pulling for it to get a single digit score on RT. 10% right now.

A common theme I've seen is that the first 1/2 to 2/3 is ok but the last 1/3 is confounding.

No post-credit scene, bee-tee-dubs.

Articles I've read have explained that Johnny Storm's dad adopted Sue. Race issue solved.

I don't know why I care, but I'm pulling for it to get a single digit score on RT. 10% right now.

A common theme I've seen is that the first 1/2 to 2/3 is ok but the last 1/3 is confounding.

Currently 9%

640.jpg

poor josh trank. reminds me of doh... basically attained his wildest dream in his 30's to see it promptly go to shit

he was supposed to direct a star wars movie and was linked to a half dozen other studio big budgets

640.jpg

poor josh trank. reminds me of doh... basically attained his wildest dream in his 30's to see it promptly go to shit

he was supposed to direct a star wars movie and was linked to a half dozen other studio big budgets

This guy must have studio execs furious at his publicly making excuses and blaming the studio before Friday on opening weekend. Even Sunday would be better since this sends a message of "why bother even the director doesn't like it." I see a lot of Kickstarter campaigns needed for his future projects.

Back