• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

I appreciate Nolan honoring the original Batman with his ending:

348sikj.jpg

I have had an ongoing debate with a friend since Friday: would the film have been better Batman definitively dying?

I liked "Always clear the corners, rookie."

I have had an ongoing debate with a friend since Friday: would the film have been better Batman definitively dying?

That's a good debate. I was prepared for that very satisfying ending. The other one was set up well throughout.

just got the latest issue of GQ (haven't opened yet) and JGL is on the cover with the headline of "The Boy Wonder." Coincidence or spoiler?

That's a good debate. I was prepared for that very satisfying ending. The other one was set up well throughout.

He thinks the self-sacrifice would have been way more satisfying.

Yeah but even Batman wanted a chance to slip Kyle out of that catsuit

I don't think you can kill him. It's just an unwritten superhero rule, imo, that the superhero can't die.

More fulfilling? Maybe, but I think it's just as fulfilling knowing that he's hanging up the cape and mask and walking away permanently. At least, we're led to believe that it's permanent.

I think the end is still debatable because Bruce Wayne should be dead. In my reality, Alfred was so stricken with grief and regret that he imagined seeing Bruce with Selina. We saw Batman flying over the Bay with the bomb with less than a minute left on the timer. Even if Bruce had jumped out of the plane, he still would have been in the blast radius with less than 45, 30 seconds to swim out of range? He's dead then.

Yeah but even Batman wanted a chance to slip Kyle out of that catsuit

Which is why I understood.

How old was Bruce in this film? He was away for 7 years at the beginning of BB. Not sure of the gap before TDK then 8 years of inactivity here.

I think the end is still debatable because Bruce Wayne should be dead. In my reality, Alfred was so stricken with grief and regret that he imagined seeing Bruce with Selina. We saw Batman flying over the Bay with the bomb with less than a minute left on the timer. Even if Bruce had jumped out of the plane, he still would have been in the blast radius with less than 45, 30 seconds to swim out of range? He's dead then.

The average cruising speed of a jetliner is between 550-600 mph. The blast radius was given as 6 miles. Therefore, he needed to bail approximately 36 seconds before the explosion, making the (likely incorrect) that his plane couldn't go any faster than a 747. But thanks for the analysis, Slim.

The woooorst cheesy moment was when Selina Kyle tries to cop a kiss from Bats as he's about to drag that nuke out of the city. That was a cringe-worthy YOU'RE DOING THIS NOW?!?! moment.

no he is definitely alive. the scenes following the explosion show Fox being told that the auto-pilot had been fixed 6 months ago by Bruce Wayne, and there is also a mention of Bruce's mother's pearls being missing from the estate which I took as being an obvious sign that Bruce took them to give to Selina before they ran off to Florence

The woooorst cheesy moment was when Selina Kyle tries to cop a kiss from Bats as he's about to drag that nuke out of the city. That was a cringe-worthy YOU'RE DOING THIS NOW?!?! moment.

yeah that was by far the worst part of the movie IMO. i mean i get that you think this person is going to die and you'll never really get to thank them for what they are about to do but come on, there is only about a minute before you are all going to be blasted to hell, no time for hanky panky

If you mean Avengers and HP7 shooting in 3D, you're probably right.

The Aurora shooting took at least 30 million away from the opening weekend. People are ridiculously reactionary and generally scared shitless, so they stayed away from theaters en-mass.

Back