• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Holy shit! Deadpool, man. Any questions or reservations were answered with a giant "fuck you for having questions or reservations!" I think this is going to win over some of the "I hate comic book movies" crowd too, if they get over their preconceived notions and try watching.

Seriously, Ryan Reynolds is perfect. How did they screw that up so badly in Origins?!???

One thing I'd ask folks to note for when spoilers are allowed - where did that last fight take place?

Sorry if it's a spoiler to make it known that there's a last fight.

Last edited:
Either we are going to get he comedy of a censored Deadpool in an X-Men universe film or an R-rated X-film.

X-Force would be perfect for an R-Rated X-film.

Yep. And that's what think they could do. It would be a bold move to set Fox Studios apart from Marvel Studios particularly in a post-Jackman/Wolverine era.

Another idea I heard that would probably work for a Deadpool cameo in a PG-13 film is to censor him and have him react to the censoring.

Yup, Deadpool was awesome. I would see it again in a heartbeat. I actually wish it had been longer.

They did a lot with a small budget. You can see several places where they cut corners to make this thing happen. Huge success story. I think the movie benefited from the small budget in that they didn't cram a bunch of characters in and could focus on the ones that mattered.

We'll do spoilers tomorrow. For now, Ryan Reynolds was obviously perfect for the role. I'm happy he got to make this thing happen. The villains were good. Marvel could learn something about how to get the most out of villains with little time. Morena Baccarin almost made me want to watch Gotham again. She was great. I love how the studios are casting hot lady micro olds like Baccarin, Evangeline Lilly, Judy Greer, Zoe Saldana, Gwyneth Paltrow instead of just going for young starlets.

Got to the movie theater at 10 to see the 10:30 showing and it was sold out and there was already a line for the 11:00. The 11:00 showing was in a packed small theater that filled up well before the previews started. I was shocked at how much of an audience there was even knowing about how well it did last night.

Forgot to mention how great it was to see a legit Colossus. Great decision to bring him out of the X-Universe.

Last edited:
They did a lot with a small budget. You can see several places where they cut corners to make this thing happen. Huge success story. I think the movie benefited from the small budget in that they didn't cram a bunch of characters in and could focus on the ones that mattered.

We'll do spoilers tomorrow. For now, Ryan Reynolds was obviously perfect for the role. I'm happy he got to make this thing happen. The villains were good. Marvel could learn something about how to get the most out of villains with little time. Morena Baccarin almost made me want to watch Gotham again. She was great. I love how the studios are casting hot lady micro olds like Baccarin, Evangeline Lilly, Judy Greer, Zoe Saldana, Gwyneth Paltrow instead of just going for young starlets.

Got to the movie theater at 10 to see the 10:30 showing and it was sold out and there was already a line for the 11:00. The 11:00 showing was in a packed small theater that filled up well before the previews started. I was shocked at how much of an audience there was even knowing about how well it did last night.

Forgot to mention how great it was to see a legit Colossus. Great decision to bring him out of the X-Universe.

This. It was hilarious, too. I haven't laughed that much in awhile.

Monica Baccarin is really good in the first few seasons of Homeland, IMO. No need to slog through Gotham again.

Spoilers are fair game. Can't change the thread title.

Happy International Women's Day!

Back