• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Am I the only one that liked the old, bandanna costume that Daredevil wore early in the season better than his actual suit?

Last edited:
I love that the trailer is very similar to BVS trailers except much much better.

I love the epic trolling Marvel is doing by dropping Daredevil the same day BvS is released.

Actually it's the week before. Marvel is sandwiching BVS with Daredevil vs. Punisher vs. Elektra and Captain America vs. Iron Man. Remember, BVS was originally slated for the Civil War release date before it was announced to be Captain America 3. Then WB moved BVS up thinking they were in the clear.

very good trailer. really excited. bvs could be an epic sh!t storm. i'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

it was tough to skim the deadpool spoiler posts trying to avoid seeing anything. think i managed successfully. really wish i could get away to catch it but my wife wants to see it now as well and that means it gets more complicated.

very good trailer. really excited. bvs could be an epic sh!t storm. i'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

it was tough to skim the deadpool spoiler posts trying to avoid seeing anything. think i managed successfully. really wish i could get away to catch it but my wife wants to see it now as well and that means it gets more complicated.

There's really not much to spoil about Deadpool, though I suppose that may be considered a spoiler of sorts to say it's straightforward with no twists, certainly not if you're familiar with the character. I bet there are a lot of folks out there like your wife who have heard a strong word of mouth to reel them in. The 2nd weekend should be quite strong, not sure what the competition is though.

The real trolling would be if Fox punks WB by having a character, mostly known by people who spent a chunk of their time in high school stuffed into a locker, outearn the two biggest icons (and the biggest female icon) in the genre. That's right, Fox, who prior to this weekend, had the words " should sell the rights back to Marvel" used whenever their name was mentioned for CBMs.

I read that Todd McFarlane had finished his script for a new Spawn movie. I almost feel bad for the guy, he was at the peak of his (and Spawn's) popularity before comic movies became a thing. Actually I don't feel bad for him at all, that Spawn movie was god awful.

I don't recall hearing a lot of people say Fox should sell the rights back, certainly not after Days of Futures Past came out.

We must read very different forums and comment sections.

There's really not much to spoil about Deadpool, though I suppose that may be considered a spoiler of sorts to say it's straightforward with no twists, certainly not if you're familiar with the character. I bet there are a lot of folks out there like your wife who have heard a strong word of mouth to reel them in. The 2nd weekend should be quite strong, not sure what the competition is though.

The real trolling would be if Fox punks WB by having a character, mostly known by people who spent a chunk of their time in high school stuffed into a locker, outearn the two biggest icons (and the biggest female icon) in the genre. That's right, Fox, who prior to this weekend, had the words " should sell the rights back to Marvel" used whenever their name was mentioned for CBMs.

I read that Todd McFarlane had finished his script for a new Spawn movie. I almost feel bad for the guy, he was at the peak of his (and Spawn's) popularity before comic movies became a thing. Actually I don't feel bad for him at all, that Spawn movie was god awful.

That Spawn movie was better than you're wiling to admit given the context. An R rated Spawn flick would be pretty cool.

Here's what I'm "willing to admit" - after watching the Spawn movie opening weekend in a theater, I thought "this movie is categorically awful", no context needed.

CBM: Deadpool is the biggest opening R-rated film of all-time (spoilers)

Here's what I'm "willing to admit" - after watching the Spawn movie opening weekend in a theater, I thought "this movie is categorically awful", no context needed.

Give it another chance. CBM sucked back then.

still-of-john-leguizamo-in-spawn-(1997)-large-picture.jpg

Last edited:
Fox had a string of really bad movies there with FF2, X-Men 3, X-Men: Wolverine. And they haven't really made any fans with the FF reboot and the other Wolverine movie.

However, the X-Men reboots have been pretty good and Deadpool was awesome.

As well as Marvel has done with the Avengers, I'd be concerned they'd spread themselves too thin if they were also trying to do X-Men movies and that universe. For the most part, there is not a lot of crossover other than some major events and the occasional X-Men joining the Avengers. If Fox can keep doing what they are doing with X-Men and Deadpool, I'm good with keeping the X-Men with Fox.

2nd Wolverine is underrated.

Singer's X-Men have always been excellent. X1 and X2 were the best CBMs ever at the time. Of course Fatner fucked up the Last Stand.

Has anyone watched the 'The Rogue Cut' of Days of Future past that is now playing on Showtime? Its a mess. Its not Paquin's fault, but that story line just garbles up the movie. Was the right choice to leave it out.

I keep thinking that every X Men movie is going to be the one Mister Sinister makes an appearance. I thought they would bring him in with Jean Gray and the Phoenix. Then I thought Days of Futures Past would bring him in through Cable. Now I'm hoping Apocalypse will bring him in either through himself or Cable. They have confirmed that Cable is coming into the universe at some point, so I'm hoping it is just a matter of time.

Also, while googling around trying to see if there were any plans to include him, I came across a few rumor mills that say Bryan Cranston would really like to play Sinister.

Last edited:
The second Wolverine is the definition of meh.

hasn't the deadpool team said officially that cable will be introduced in dp2? maybe it was just a rumor.

You can tell who stayed for the Deadpool post-credits scene...

Oh and to clarify, I was referring to the FF movies that tended to create a chorus of "sell the rights back to Marvel" in the comments of any article I read about that flick. I'm with you folks that are a-ok with Fox keeping the X properties, if for no other reason than to make sure AvX never gets made into a movie.

Back