• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

I’ve seen that it’s a fun low stakes movie. Ms. Marvel shines.

The Loki s2 finale was so satisfying, I'm reassessing s1's finale. I enthusiastically endorsed Loki s1 until the finale, which I did not have enthusiasm for, but redacted so I have to rate it higher in hindsight. So my updated MCU D+ tier list:

S: Loki S2
A: Loki S1
B - E: put the rest wherever you want except for
F: Secret Invasion

Thought Loki season 2 was really good all around and the finale was great.

No spoilers, but Just got out of The Marvels. It definitely exceeded my very low expectations. Everyone I was with had the same questions as far as seemingly gaping plot holes. I'll have to google around to confirm but my first impression was that there were A LOT of them. All in all though I thought it was funny and fun if not a good movie. Kamala Khan is just a delight. She is going to be a super star in this universe if they let her.

Last edited:
Loki Season 2 Finale was just....amazing.

This is going to sound like an insult, but from me, it's not.....but it kinda hit me like the Finale of LOST did......I didn't really know exactly what I had just watched, but I knew that it hit me in the feels....I still had/have questions, but just like Jack laying on his back in the woods staring up at the plane taking off, Loki's final scene (see new Avatar) really just hit me in a place that very few media properties can.

The fact that Loki evolved from his "Glorious Purpose" being his golden throne, to actually realizing what he actually wanted was friendship and to not be alone, and for his friends to be OK, and that once he finally realized that the last thing he wanted was a throne, and all he wanted to do was save everyone, the throne was thrust upon him....his ultimate Glorious Purpose. The burden of the crown and the burden he accepted as the new God of Stories....to be the one that sits at the end of time to make sure everyone he loves is able to have free will.....wow.

The writing was so superb. Loki's returning to Mobius and Sylvie to ask them HOW to do what he knew he had to do. Mobius' line "Most purpos, is more burden than glory". Loki and Sylvies convo in A.D. Doug's lab: "I grew up in Apocalypes Loki...I've lived through enough of them to know that sometimes, it's OK to destroy something." followed by his line "If...if there is a hope, that you can replace that thing with something better."

Loki: "I know what I want. I know what kind of god I need to be.....for you.....for all of us." (New Rockstars points out that in the very first Thor film, when Loki is dangling off the Bi-Frost and Odin is holding on to him, he says the same thing: "I could have done it father....for you.....for all of us." OMG....full circle.

Just...wow.....every bit of the finale, from the performances, to the pacing, to the amazing special effects/visual storytelling (The timelines inverting to evoke the Yggdrasil tree was just chef's kiss), the new crown being in the same kintsugi pattern as the HWR Citadel....to the emotions it brought out....it's the best thing Marvel has ever done IMO. The entire season is a masterpiece. (My only teeny-tiny complaint is how they nerfed Sylvie and basically removed her from the entire season except for a few key scenes, but that's fine).

I still have questions....

When the episode started and Loki was in the TVA all alone and they said there was a failsafe protocol going on, where had everyone gone? When in time was that? Did the loom failing just send every variant/TVA employee back to their original timelines (that's my working theory). And I guess since Loki was removed from time from the events from S2E1, I guess he was left there to just continue?

Also, I wanna know what happens to Renslayer...does she tame Alioth?...it definitely left open that story beat, because she definitely looked like she was determined to do something at the end, and/or like she knew what to do. And at the end where it shows the TVA floor in the void, does that mean the void was always the TVA that was destroyed? Or was the TVA "pruned" somehow when the loom was destroyed? No because they are still working there...where does the void exist in relation to Loki and his throne?.....also, what is their purpose if not to prune timelines now? Just to look out for HWR/Kang variants? If they find one, what do they do? That confused me.

Did anyone notice the new workers in the TVA wearing like Doctors' scrubs or scientist garb? That was curious as well...

Who was the 4th Timekeeper Statue in HWR's citadel?

Also, one thing I've always wanted to know....in S1E5 they travel thru the void and then enchant Alioth...but they look out and see the Citadel thru Alioth. But when S1E6 starts (and in this episode at the end when the rock appears through the crack in time), the citadel is on a floating rock. How did they get from the void to the rock in S1E6? It showed Loki climbing invisible stairs onto the rock in this episode, but nothing in S1E6. Was the entire void ON the rock? that doesn't make sense either because of the scale of the Citadel in comparison to the rock it was on...and the fact that there was no Alioth visible on the rock and the ground was different, etc etc. (I have weird hangups on stuff like that).

How does Mobious live on the same timeline that Don is in? Does he just head to Cali and ride those Jetskis while Don chills in Cleveland?

Was there any importance to everyone being in the War Room at the end? They were all just sitting around talking...what were they doing?

What happened to Victor Timely in the final loop when Loki walks down the gangway? I mean everyone else went on with their lives, where is Victor T? Did they take him back to Chicago? That intrigues me.

Will there be a Season 3? Or just Loki showing up in Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars?.....execs said they had plans or wanted to reunite Loki with Thor at some point down the road. Maybe a different variant of Loki.

IDK. Still, amazing episode, one of my favorite hours of TV ever!

And PH, please save the condescending "You didn't understand that?" stuff off this...some people take in things differently, and don't take away the same facts or points of view the same. K? Thx :cool:

Last edited:
Tom Hiddleston was on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and had an interesting quote....he said "This was the Finale to Season 2....to Seasons 1 AND 2...and the finale of 6 films and 14 years of my life as this character" or something along those lines....so sounds kind of ominous about whether we'll see him again anytime soon....though that dumptruck they backup to his door can surely get full enough to bring back probably one of the most well-received and well-liked characters Marvel and the MCU has ever produced.

Also, he said he was 29 when he was cast and is now 42.......man do I feel old!

Season 2 was confusing. I didn’t understand most of it and would have been completely lost if not for watching the New Rockstars videos every week. I thought it was fine. I can see why others liked it more than me.

I agreed with New Rockstars about the people in white and the war room.

There's a theory out there that the finale set up Loki to replace Kang in the upcoming films or at least gives Marvel a backup plan.

I think we might see Loki interfere with some timeline in a meta way, but nothing more than a cameo. Feels like Hiddleston’s days are all but done, and I’m okay with that. He had an incredible run and send off.

I truly think he loves playing this character. And my worries are that Marvel will feel compelled to put him in things sooner than they should to hold on to that fan support, and it will just cheapen his sacrifice this season. Even if they bring in a "variant" it wouldn't be the same and would still feel cheapened.

The execs also said they have always viewed LOKI as two halves of a book, Season 1, first half, Season 2, second half....they don't know if there will be more LOKI, but that's just how they wrote these 2 seasons.

I don't want to see Loki in anything else. He had a great run with the character. There are plenty of Marvel characters who could thrive in the MCU.

Went to the 6:00 showing of The Marvels tonight at the local theater. My 11-year-old son and I were the only people in the theater.

I enjoyed it. Tight efficient story. Likable characters. Kamala and the Khan family are fantastic. Weak villain, but that's the case for most MCU products, so it's not an outlier. The funny parts were funny. The move built on Captain Marvel, WandaVision, and Ms. Marvel but I don't think you missed too much if you didn't watch the Disney+ shows. The films explained what they needed to explain for this film. I don't understand the hate for it. It's a solid mid-tier MCU film. The ending scene was big and post-credit scene was massive.

Agree with ph. It was fun, if far from spectacular. Saw it at an Alamo Drafthouse and they played a recap video before the lights went down. Wife said thank goodness for the story reminder.

Last edited:
Also, during the movie and seeing the villain made me come to the conclusion that marvel has weak villains because they keep "saving the big villain for the sequel."

We've seen Dr Doom In a hundred stories. Do we really need to save him for Endgame or can he show up more than once?

Last edited:
Supposedly now the word is that Kang is being pivoted to Dr. Doom for Avengers 5. All to setup Battleworld in Avengers 6.

Partly because of the mention of "a kid near the Black Sea that would be responsible for 5,000 deaths" line from Mobius in the LOKI Finale.

Also that LOKI Head Writer Eric Martin and leading Directing duo of Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead are supposedly going to be heavily involved in the Multiverse Saga from here forward and that Season 1 writer/showrunner Michael Waldron no longer works with Marvel.

Here's more to the potential story.....mainly for my fellow New Rockstars bro, PhDeac!

"Clickbait speculation" /= "word on the street"

Oh and for what it's worth (not much) I can't stand New Rockstars. I just don't like hyperactive presenters and they are the baitiest of clickbait channels. If you dig it though, rock on with the rockstars. They're better than the legion of bearded angry white guys, most certainly.

"The Marvels" - fine. There was silliness (singing planet, flurkins flurkining) but this whole endeavor is just silliness to varying degrees. Apparently Aladna was from a storyline from after I stopped collecting and in the comics they rhyme, not sing, so, again... fine. Box office though... not so fine, worst MCU opening ever. My crystal ball predicts a big drop off as well, though the only thing keeping that from being too drastic is the low denominator.

Back