• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

So, question nagging me..

HYDRA infiltrated SHIELD and upset the whole balance of power there. But HYDRA didn't infiltrate the CIA/FBI/military/government in general? Why does it seem like it's life as normal and HYDRA/SHIELD fight a semi-secret war in the background?

That was a great episode and took several turns that I didn't see coming. I'm really excited for the final three episodes of the season (and sad that there are only three left).

So Oliver's kid's definitely going to be a part of this now, right? He/She'd be at least 7, right (depending on how long before the boat trip this all happened)?

HYDRA infiltrated SHIELD and upset the whole balance of power there. But HYDRA didn't infiltrate the CIA/FBI/military/government in general? Why does it seem like it's life as normal and HYDRA/SHIELD fight a semi-secret war in the background?

At least twice they'd referenced the news to show it isn't life as normal. SHIELD is a terrorist organization.

but w/ HYDRA's plan, you'd think the world would be in disarray. granted they haven't really shown much, but coulson's GF was just out for a jog; doesn't seem like it was a big deal.

So Oliver's kid's definitely going to be a part of this now, right? He/She'd be at least 7, right (depending on how long before the boat trip this all happened)?

I believe that will be addressed in season 3. Fun potential character to pull into the show (but not sure how they'll do it)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (89% Rotten Tomatoes, $510M worldwide)

I believe that will be addressed in season 3. Fun potential character to pull into the show (but not sure how they'll do it)

That twist came completely out of left field. Didn't see that coming at all.

I'm thinking this is going to set up a huge season ending clash between Slade, team Arrow (or what's left of it), and the League of Assassins (where I'd assume we will be introduced to R'as).

Also, Stephen Amell posted a teaser image on his FB page.

We don't know that yet. We do know at least one US Senator (Garry Shandling's character) was Hydra.

but w/ HYDRA's plan, you'd think the world would be in disarray. granted they haven't really shown much, but coulson's GF was just out for a jog; doesn't seem like it was a big deal.

I'm not sure why any of this chaos in DC would stop a woman in Portland from going for a jog.

That's what's been going on in America for the awhile now. The NSA/CIA carry one a secret war with Al Qaeda using drone strikes etc... and life goes on for most people as if nothing has changed.

A lot of what's going on in the MCU is a metaphor for America since 9/11.

The Chitauri attack on New York = The attack on the World Trade Towers
The Rising Tide = Anonymous
SHIELD building the Helicarrier Fleet = Patriot Act

That twist came completely out of left field. Didn't see that coming at all.

I'm thinking this is going to set up a huge season ending clash between Slade, team Arrow (or what's left of it), and the League of Assassins (where I'd assume we will be introduced to R'as).

Also, Stephen Amell posted a teaser image on his FB page.

I didn't see that coming or Moira's actions (not sure which will have the greater reprecussions down the road). I'm expecting that team Arrow might get an unlikely ally from the League for the showdown with Slade. Amell's teaser (hopefully) confirms that. I love how deftly the writers have used the gray area for both heroes and villains.

agents-of-shield-art_612x918.jpg

I keep forgetting to find those Agents of SHIELD posters. Skye has the classic "I'm a long-haired woman in the comics using a super power" look in that poster.

I keep forgetting to find those Agents of SHIELD posters. Skye has the classic "I'm a long-haired woman in the comics using a super power" look in that poster.

A lot of people are describing that as "Hydra hair". Hydra hair in the comics has always meant green, not Medusa like snakes. They also say Red is Hydra's color, in the comics it's green.

I'm guessing we are in for one more twist this season...Ward sacrificing himself to save the team would be the easy guess...then maybe he gets revived as part of the Deathlok program?

I'm guessing we are in for one more twist this season...Ward sacrificing himself to save the team would be the easy guess...then maybe he gets revived as part of the Deathlok program?

Ward very well may sacrifice himself to save the team. But I don't think they'll make more than one Deathlok. I do expect Mike Peterson to switch sides back to SHIELD eventually.

Back