• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer; The Boys returns June 13

If the Deathstroke arc ends with Sara dead and Laurel taking up the Canary mantle, I'm gonna be pissed, though.

Like, I didn't love the way the show introduced Barry, and Laurel can still die in a fucking fire, but those are my only two real complaints so far in this second season. It's gone from being a poorly written (yet entertaining) nerdsoap in Season 1 to being something as high quality as most premium cable shows that I've seen in Season 2. I have a hard time believing it's going to improve even more from here, but the idea that it does makes me giddy.

The last like 4 episodes of S2 will make you jizz EVERYWHERE.

So are those episodes/arcs only OMGSUPERAWESOMENERDGASM if you know the comics?

So question about Arrow. You guys love it, but I don't know anything about the character and don't read comics. Would I appreciate it as much or does having some knowledge of the character/comic arcs really help with the enjoyment of that one?

So question about Arrow. You guys love it, but I don't know anything about the character and don't read comics. Would I appreciate it as much or does having some knowledge of the character/comic arcs really help with the enjoyment of that one?

I have never read a single Green Arrow comic.

Good question IMO

Haha...literally 1 minute before you.

I've never read a Green Arrow comic and knew nothing of his backstory and I really enjoy the tv show.

I have read some GA comics over the years. There is nothing, NOTHING, in the tv series that requires prior knowledge from the source material. If anything, the new boot of the GA comics takes its influence from the tv show.

That's one of the benefits of using a lesser known character, a little more freedom to modify them to fit the tv needs. I think this was Marvel's strategy for starting with Blade in the beginning of giving their movies legit budgets.

The TV series has taken a kinda meh character from the comics and made him as awesome as Batman. I would say the Flash has way more comics influence than Arrow does.

On the other hand, some of the other things Arrow has used (such as the Flash), I'm pretty familiar with. So you'll recognize things like League of Assassins, Canary, Deadshot, Deathstroke, etc.

I'm #teamsaroliver, and if Sara dies, I am going to rage so hard.

Think of the salmon ladder sex, guys. Think of it.

Loki and Heimdall are in Age of Ultron.

Peggy Carter is in Ant-Man.

Marvel is really starting to integrate their casts.

Last edited:
Back