• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Ph, have you ever seen anything in the IMAX at MOSI? Mrs and I may head over for a matinee when we are in Polk County with her family next week.

Not Hollywood films, but strictly IMAX films. It's pretty sweet. I'm going to be on campus next week. Wouldn't be a bad option for a second viewing.

1:15, 4:20, 7:30, and 10:30 showings. Not bad.

Last edited:
Not Hollywood films, but strictly IMAX films. It's pretty sweet. I'm going to be on campus next week. Wouldn't be a bad option for a second viewing.

We are probably going later in the week. I think that they are showing at like 1-2pm, 7-8, then a late night. I can't remember off hand.

Thomas Jane reprises his role as Frank Castle for a 10-minute YouTube short film called "The Punisher: Dirty Laundry".

Graphic violence in it, in case you're opposed to seeing blood and bones snapping.

With the explosion of comic book movies, I wonder how many guys have had to come out with their nerddom to their significant others?

The lady and I bonded over Jurassic Park, so it was an easy jump to superhero movies after that.

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/1

Stream TDKR soundtrack in its entirety. Avoid standing after you've listened to it.

I'm going to Gallery Place for the midnight showing. I thought about the marathon but I don't really want to spend 8 hours at the theater to see one new movie.

Last edited:
It's only rocking a 84% on Rotten Tomatoes so far. I think this is somewhat predictable. I really think a lot of critics, given the success of TDK and the hype surrounding the final chapter, decided before they went in that it was going to be disappointing. I keep seeing a lot of the same "bloated" and "noisy" adjectives popping up in the negative reviews, to which I wonder "What did you want this movie to be?" It's Batman. It's the end of his story. AND it's a summer blockbuster. Of course it's going to be long. Of course it's going to have explosions and over the top dialogue. Were they expecting The King's Speech with a Batman costume? Critics sometimes are such caricatures of themselves.

It's only rocking a 84% on Rotten Tomatoes so far. I think this is somewhat predictable. I really think a lot of critics, given the success of TDK and the hype surrounding the final chapter, decided before they went in that it was going to be disappointing. I keep seeing a lot of the same "bloated" and "noisy" adjectives popping up in the negative reviews, to which I wonder "What did you want this movie to be?" It's Batman. It's the end of his story. AND it's a summer blockbuster. Of course it's going to be long. Of course it's going to have explosions and over the top dialogue. Were they expecting The King's Speech with a Batman costume? Critics sometimes are such caricatures of themselves.

I'm actually a little surprised the rating is that low.

Watched Batman Begins last night. Taking in TDK tonight. Then a night off.

Its just stunning looking back on how much more attractive Katie Holmes is over Maggie Gyllenhaul (sp?).

Every Hollywood film is "bloated" these days.

Thanks a lot Peter Jackson.

For most moviegoers, a 3hr+ is definitely bloated. Return of the king's ending was like 45 minutes.

The denouement drove me insane and almost ruined an otherwise near perfect movie. I would have given RotK 10 out of 10, but have to subtract 2 for the ending that never seemed to end.

LOTR movies were a novelty at the time. Now they're nearly unwatchable. I'd love to have someone condense all three films into one 2.5 hour movie.

Fellowship and Two Towers were great movies, imo. ROTK is frustrating to me. People are right to say it's long, bloated, and indulgent. I also think they got a little too carried away with campy memes they'd built up through the previous two movies. Oh look! The dwarf is being snarky and the elf is killing more people! How cute! A couple humorous lines don't bother me, but the entire battle scene in ROTK was little much for my tastes.

Fellowship and Two Towers were great movies, imo. ROTK is frustrating to me. People are right to say it's long, bloated, and indulgent. I also think they got a little too carried away with campy memes they'd built up through the previous two movies. Oh look! The dwarf is being snarky and the elf is killing more people! How cute! A couple humorous lines don't bother me, but the entire battle scene in ROTK was little much for my tastes.

Have you read the books?

I posted something similar to this on another thread about why Brave and Madagascar 3 both got around 75%. Brave had to live up to Pixar 99% expectations whereas Madagascar 3 didn't.

never heard the complaint that LOtR was bloated

I wasn't complaining re LOTR I just meant since Peter Jackson pulled off 3.5 hour masterpieces, then everyone thought they could extend their movies too.

See: Transformers, Marvel comic movies, etc. Almost every movie these days I go to see I come out thinking it could have been 20-35 mins shorter and been just as good.

Back