• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Fingers crossed that he only serves as a puppet master in Wolverine, and they bring him full force in the next X Men movie.

Last edited:
My guess is they need Sinister in order to set up Cable for Deadpool, hence the rush to get him introduced.

My guess is they need Sinister in order to set up Cable for Deadpool, hence the rush to get him introduced.

I don't think it matters for Deadpool unless they're trying to connect him into the X-Universe (high risk, high reward in my opinion).

Here's an interesting short doc about why MCU films don't have memorable soundtracks.

Honest Trailers takes on Civil War

Supergirl made its way to Netflix last week and I've been watching a lot of that this past week. It's been a pleasant surprise. I'm ten out of twenty episodes deep, but it's really a lot better than I expected it would be.

Yeah. I'm hoping that the move to CW will give it more of an edge that CBS wouldn't allow. Curious how Superman will fit into the mix.

Here's a cool oral history of the GI Joe cartoon from interviews with the creators, voice actors, and Hasbro execs.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/gi-joe-tv-show-oral-928423
The cast looks back at the series that changed the toy business forever and left a complicated political legacy: "I'm a liberal and always have been," says creator Ron Friedman. "I felt that the Joes would be liberal and the Cobra people should not be."

Friedman: Hasbro sent me the shrink-packed action figures, but there was no story yet. I decided to create these groups of families. I created the bad family, who was Cobra, to whom I gave the battle cry, "Co-bra!" and the good family, to whom I gave the battle cry, "Yo Joe!" I determined who was big daddy, who was the wayward uncle, who was the snotty teenager, who was the mama, who was the swing character who does dumb shit. I also wanted more female characters, so I created Scarlett, Lady Jaye. I felt they needed more women because I knew girls who loved animation and loved superheroes.

[h=4]Read More[/h] [h=2]Story of 'Darkwing Duck': The Cartoon With Heart That Brought "People Near Tears"[/h]
Ratner: The only pushback came from parenting groups that got wind of the marketing of the toys and the creation of the show. They said, "We don't want our children to see people shot and killed on a cartoon show." When a bad guy or a good guy is shot out of the sky, they parachute over the horizon. They never die. Not only were we selling toys, but we were also selling the image of the military and militarism.

Figured I'd leave the Darkwing Duck link in there.

I think Civil War was simply a tease given how it was used. I'm curious who the villain will be. They've already used the two most well known Ant-Man villains. Kinda.

right, but what a pleasant surprise that they didn't ruin with trailers.

(i managed to avoid spoilers for 4 months).

right, but what a pleasant surprise that they didn't ruin with trailers.

(i managed to avoid spoilers for 4 months).

I didn't really avoid spoilers and I didn't see it. I heard it was out there as a spoiler after the fact, but I think Marvel had managed to downgrade it to ridiculous rumor. The big rumor was that Cap died at the end. The Russos did confirm that Steve Rogers is no longer Captain America though.

Rudd and Holland were great playing the "who the fuck is this?" guy.

who the fuck is going to play CA now? Chris Evans is a moron and should just ask for more cash.

There probably just won't be one until he triumphantly picks back up the shield during Infinity War.

So just to be on the same page, we all realize that Marvel has been "replacing" Avengers in the comics to set up the future of the MCU without Evans, Downey, etc, right? That way when the MCU replaces Thor with a woman, it won't come out of thin air.

yeah, i'm just not looking forward to that day (despite marvel's handling of basically everything so far)

There probably just won't be one until he triumphantly picks back up the shield during Infinity War.

So just to be on the same page, we all realize that Marvel has been "replacing" Avengers in the comics to set up the future of the MCU without Evans, Downey, etc, right? That way when the MCU replaces Thor with a woman, it won't come out of thin air.

giphy.gif

no way MCU replaces thor with a chick unless it's that walking stiff fake-DC movies wonderwoman, Sif

no way MCU replaces thor with a chick unless it's that walking stiff fake-DC movies wonderwoman, Sif

Shut your whore mouth talking that trash about my girl Sif and how she's bland, emotionless, and underutilized despite being the hottest woman in the MCU with a potentially great character arc and everything she could have been will probably be done by Valkyrie in Thor 3.

Back