• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

I read the newest Secret Wars recently. I thought it was good and I liked the tie ins to the original Secret Wars. They both started similarly with a completely overpowered being that's snuffed out right at the beginning and it ends with the Molecule Man saving the day.

Who are you referring to in the bold? I just thumbed through ish 1 since I didn't remember anyone in particular dying, except everybody, and still didn't notice any cosmic type's death.

In case anyone is wondering, as I was before I checked, Molecule Man belongs to Fox. Bummer.

Also a bummer - it looks like GotG 3 will come out after Avengers 4, so no Warlock vs Thanos, assuming they hold true to "Warlock will be introduced in G3". Schedule as it looks now: http://uproxx.com/hitfix/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-release-date-marvel-infinity-war-schedule/2/

Who are you referring to in the bold? I just thumbed through ish 1 since I didn't remember anyone in particular dying, except everybody, and still didn't notice any cosmic type's death.

In case anyone is wondering, as I was before I checked, Molecule Man belongs to Fox. Bummer.

Also a bummer - it looks like GotG 3 will come out after Avengers 4, so no Warlock vs Thanos, assuming they hold true to "Warlock will be introduced in G3". Schedule as it looks now: http://uproxx.com/hitfix/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-release-date-marvel-infinity-war-schedule/2/

Cyclops with the Phoenix force.

I read the newest Secret Wars recently. I thought it was good and I liked the tie ins to the original Secret Wars. They both started similarly with a completely overpowered being that's snuffed out right at the beginning and it ends with the Molecule Man saving the day.

I thought the series meandered and wasn’t super cohesive...but the finale between Reed and Doom was great. Marvel really needs to get the rights to the FF back. Reed Richards is a seriously underrated character. And Doom is possibly the best villain in the entire Marvel Universe.

If Marvel got FF, they could be new public heroes in the MCU. They wouldn't have to pretend they've been around for years. On the other hand, it would be more difficult to just drop the X-Men and all the associated characters into the MCU.

Rescuing this thread from page 2.

I started giving Gotham another chance...on Netflix.

I left at the midseason finale on season 2 and I've only watched a few episodes but I'm enjoying Hugo Strange. I think this show is tolerable when you can binge it on Netflix (season 3 is not up yet) but I think that's it's ceiling.

I saw an ad featuring a teenage Bruce in a mask. That could draw me back in.

The actor who plays Strange is one of my favorite character actors.

Just learned he also plays Whiterose in Mr. Robot.

He was the psychologist in the underrated one season show "Awake." He was the voice of the male lead in Mulan way back in the day.

I think he's probably most widely recognized from SVU but he (like many SVU alums) was on Oz.

The new Kingsman is out this weekend. The word seems to be "eh" (59% RT, 48 MC).

Does anyone want to fess up to seeing Inhumans on IMAX? Apparently it did ok, for the type of release it was, box-office wise. Critically and fan reception-wise... well, maybe the later episodes save it. I'll be finding out myself, because that's how I roll.

Orville is sort of hard to peg. I was expecting Galaxy Quest style wackiness non-stop, but it's played mostly straight with a few dick and fart jokes thrown in. I found the second episode growing on me for being a fairly respectful homage to the Trek franchise, even with the d&f jokes. Not sure that's going to draw in the public at large, but the premiere did get decent ratings. I have a feeling though, it's a one (season) and done. New actual Trek premiers Sunday. That show has a lot of work to do to overcome my skepticism.

Ugh, now after reading the latest posts here, it looks like I'm going to have to watch at least the Hugo Strange episodes of Gotham. I've already quit it twice.

If you don't like bullets flying freely, a high body count or a kick ass Metallica soundtrack, don't bother with the first Punisher trailer. If any of those are appealing, allow me to present:

I wasn't happy about Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle initially (I loved Thomas Jane as the character) but, holy shit, I could not have been more wrong. This looks awesome.

I've seen plenty of people say they didn't like the casting initially. Why is that? I've never seen his other work.

My guess would be residual hate of "Shane" from The Walking Dead. Not really the actor's fault, that animosity was due more to how the character was written.

Seeing Bernthol on late shows he seems like a complete goofball, bro, but he brings it on screen. I guess he's like the Gronk of acting.

Back