• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

My guess would be residual hate of "Shane" from The Walking Dead. Not really the actor's fault, that animosity was due more to how the character was written.

Haha that's exactly why. I really like him in his other stuff since Walking Dead.

It looks great. Met him a couple times on set of walking dead and more recently baby driver. Great guy and def don’t get the badass killer persona he’s excelled at playing, but I guess that’s why he’s a famous actor

His cameo in Wind River was also amazing. Dude is an outstanding actor and I'm really looking forward to him getting his own show.

Rumors out that Inhumans is not going to be renewed for a second season.

Inhumans debuts next Friday with a double episode.

Right. The short version of the rumored back story is that the CEO of Marvel is an ass who aggressively blocked attempts to do more films around women and minorities. He insisted on making an Inhumans film. Disney reorganized Marvel Studios to move Kevin Feige from under the CEO to directly under Disney. But the CEO was still head of the TV department. That freed up Marvel Studios to do Black Panthers, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Captain Marvel. And it sidelined Inhumans so Inhumans moved to TV. There was hope it would make $10M on IMAX, but it made far less and will die on TV.

Star Trek Discovery way exceeded my expectations. I'll give it a 10/10 score for eye candy, it was visually amazing. I ain't paying for CBS though. No way, no how.

Good to hear bc there hasn’t been a good Star Trek tv show for a loooooooong time

The Inhumans just aren’t that interesting. Marvel has pushed them HARD in the comics, but it’s just always been a boring version of the X-Men.

The Inhumans just aren’t that interesting. Marvel has pushed them HARD in the comics, but it’s just always been a boring version of the X-Men.

And what's sad is that the Inhumans are being pushed hard BECAUSE Marvel doesn't own their movie rights.

My wife is a big Star Trek fan and she didn't like it, at least not enough to want to subscribe to the CBS streaming service.

That's not a fair criteria for determining the show's worth. I really liked the first 2 episodes but, like I said before, I'm definitely not subscribing to CBS and there's no single show in tv history that would get me to pony up $10/mo for a service whose next best show is "Kevin Can Wait". It's a shame it's not on iTunes, I'd pay something like $2/episode. As it is, I'll just buy a DVD after the season, something to show financial support.

As for Inhumans, when I first saw the Marvel calendar including that movie all those years ago, that was the only one that filled me with an overwhelming sense of "meh". Quickly now - name an iconic Inhumans story from the comics! You're up on me if you can, I can't think of any. They've been part of some important events, but as part of the story, not the driver of the story.

I still watch TNG episodes here and there and they are as good as I remember them. However, I haven't really watched since Voyager, and even that trailed off at the end. New star trek movies were meh after the first one. Hoping the new series breathes life into the franchise without totally losing its roots.

That's not a fair criteria for determining the show's worth. I really liked the first 2 episodes but, like I said before, I'm definitely not subscribing to CBS and there's no single show in tv history that would get me to pony up $10/mo for a service whose next best show is "Kevin Can Wait". It's a shame it's not on iTunes, I'd pay something like $2/episode. As it is, I'll just buy a DVD after the season, something to show financial support.

As for Inhumans, when I first saw the Marvel calendar including that movie all those years ago, that was the only one that filled me with an overwhelming sense of "meh". Quickly now - name an iconic Inhumans story from the comics! You're up on me if you can, I can't think of any. They've been part of some important events, but as part of the story, not the driver of the story.

I'm not sure I'd qualify it as iconic but Black Bolt releasing the Terrigen Mist over the world and unlocking a bunch of Inhumans while inadvertently poisoning mutants is a pretty good one.

My favorite Inhuman moment is when Thanos is set to invade Earth because the Avengers are on the other side of the universe. Black Bolt sees this and evacuates Attilan and waits by himself while a Thanos death squad fills the throne room. They demand Black Bolt submit to Thanos and he simply says, "No", wiping them all out.

But yeah, I think the Inhumans are basically a lesser version of the X-Men. That said, I think they are interesting and that there is a place for them. I think TV is probably the best place for them so I'm hoping the TV show will be better than every one has said so far.

The Gifted premieres on Fox Monday at 8:00. It an X-Men based show. You'll recognize some mutants right off the bat.

Here is the first 6 min of the episode.

https://youtu.be/zaNXf75-MDY

Back