• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer; The Boys returns June 13

Ok, so I have not watched hardly any of these movies and saw this one. What does the dusting mean? Time was turned back or something (that is what my seven year old told me)? If time gets turned back years, why wouldn’t all the people who are dead get to come back to life?

Ok, so I have not watched hardly any of these movies and saw this one. What does the dusting mean? Time was turned back or something (that is what my seven year old told me)? If time gets turned back years, why wouldn’t all the people who are dead get to come back to life?

It’s Thanos using the gauntlet to literally wipe out half of the living creatures in the universe. It wasn’t a metaphor when they mentioned he could and would do that.

Just got in from the movie and WOW, that was great!!

Very few nits to pick (Not showing him get the Power Stone, how easily just hand to hand combat beat a few of Thanos' children/Black Order, and that they seemed to nerf the good guys by having Hulk not come out to play). But other than that it really was excellent.

A few questions:

Why would Captain Marvel be the first person Fury tried to contact when shit went down in the post-credits scene?

Also, was the gauntlet destroyed?

And are things playing out in the single successful sequence of events that Dr. Strange saw? Meaning he knew he and others would have to die to ultimately defeat Thanos.

ETA: There were also a lot of scenes from the previews that didn't show up in the movie, do we think they will be in IW2? (i.e. the big running group shot with the Hulk)

Last edited:
Are you looking for others' speculation to answer those questions? All of those, except the very last one, are unknown to us and will be answered in the sequel. As for the question about previews not in the movie, that's SOP for movie marketing now. Maybe they'll be in the next one, maybe not. Certainly not the shot with the Hulk though.

I’m fairly certain Dr Strange knew that to accomplish the 1 scenario he witnessed where they beat Thanos, he had to give the time stone up and also save Tony. I think it’s fair to interpret that scene to mean that Iron man plays an integral role in the victory in part two, hence he had to live. Otherwise it would be hypocritical for Dr strange to say unequivocally that he would save the time stone over him earlier in the movie, then do the opposite later.

I thought the cameo of the villain from the first captain america in the sole stone scene was cool, I forgot about that guy to be honest

Peter Dinklage playing a dwarf (but this time a giant one) was funny

Seems like Thor is becoming more and more powerful, he survived floating around in space, then withstood direct star beam when holding the forge thing open, then seriously wounded thanos.

Then again he apparently got pwned by Thanos in the beginning (though we didn’t see it), despite all his Lightning upgrades from ragnarok

I’m going to say yes on “Did Strange know?” When he told Tony it was the only way, that sealed it to me.

I was curious, so I checked Boxofficemojo to see what was up with Black Panther. It went UP the rankings this week in the US, from 8 to 5. It lost money from the prior week, but there's a black hole of revenue this week sucking up all the cash.

Biggest global opening without China. Amazing. I also saw that Infinity War outgrossed every Bollywood film in India despite showing on fewer screens.

Random aside, last week I hung out for the first time at the house of some Indian neighbors while my boys were playing with their son. They showed me their sweet theater set up that pretty much just had Bollywood films. They rarely go see American films in the theater but they were trying to figure out when they were going Infinity War.

What Marvel has done is amazing. They made a film that basically requires that you have seen and remember 17 films to fully grasp the significance of each scene. Almost no exposition. Just continuing a story.

Anyone know the budget + marketing spend on this? Just paying the cast alone must have put them over $100mm

I was curious, so I checked Boxofficemojo to see what was up with Black Panther. It went UP the rankings this week in the US, from 8 to 5. It lost money from the prior week, but there's a black hole of revenue this week sucking up all the cash.

I was surprised to see it was still in theaters. I don’t remember a point in which two Marvel movies were out at the same time. If I had time, I would have considered doing a double feature.

So what does this mean for the rest of the Marvel Universe? Ant-Man and the Wasp could take place before Infinity War. I expect a post credits scene that shows what happened to them during the events of Infinity War.

Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s. Somehow she’s somewhere that’s not within the reach of Thanos’ power or Fury was betting she was too power or not effected. I assume the post credits scene will be her return to Earth.

No idea what they do with AOS. They referenced it on Friday. The current arc is otherwise completely separate from the films. It’s possible the season could wrap up before the end of Infinity War but if the show returns for Season 6 as rumored, would it take place in a post-Avengers 4 future?

I would imagine the Netflix shows and Cloak and Dagger and Runaways would just take place before IW.

Thinking back, I love how it’s all they can do to defeat Loki or Michael B. Jordan or Ultron, but somehow, they can (eventually) stop one of the most powerful beings in the universe.

Thinking back, I love how it’s all they can do to defeat Loki or Michael B. Jordan or Ultron, but somehow, they can (eventually) stop one of the most powerful beings in the universe.

Huh? I don’t understand what you’re saying.

It wasn't "they" defeating Michael B. Jordan. It was just Black Panther.

And don't write off Ultron. He's a badass in his own right.

Ah. bym, your answer is in the post-credits.

Are you looking for others' speculation to answer those questions? All of those, except the very last one, are unknown to us and will be answered in the sequel. As for the question about previews not in the movie, that's SOP for movie marketing now. Maybe they'll be in the next one, maybe not. Certainly not the shot with the Hulk though.

1) Yea that's what I was going for. Just some discussion on the subjects.

I didn't know if the comics had some info on Captain Marvel that I didn't know that would explain Fury's immediate request for her help.

I suppose that will be answered next March in her movie.

2) Why the "certainly not" with the Hulk part? Surely the Banner/Hulk discord will be addressed in the next film and the Hulk will be a part of the group again, so that shot could happen.

I'm excited for the Avengers to ultimately defeat Thanos and for Quill to say that was his plan all along and that he knew what he was doing when he attacked Thanos when they almost had the gauntlet off his hand.

Back