• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer; The Boys returns June 13

I'm pretty sure the Hulk thing is because Hulk is scared after getting his ass kicked by Thanos.

Yeah. Also part of the bigger picture is Marvel doesn’t like to give us too much Hulk.

If three of their objectives for the film were to establish Thanos as a badass, give Hulk an arc, and save the big Hulk scenes for Avengers 4, having Thanos kick his ass at the beginning and give Hulk PTSD was certainly the way to do it.

Fair enough.

I saw an interesting theory about who died and who didn't. Since basically the new guard all disintegrated, perhaps the old guys (Iron Man, Cap, Thor, etc) "trade lives" in Avengers 4 and that's how they both phase out the older characters and bring in the new Phase 4 Avengers.

Some great discussions about whether the Time Stone is used to bring people back...or perhaps the Reality Stone (or Space Stone? not sure of the powers of each) opens up another dimension or reality where the characters didn't die.

I saw one theory that there's an opposite reality dimension where the exact opposite characters die, and then to bring things back to normal, they merge the two realities. It brings up interesting things in that the characters still actually die in one reality, but they also bring everything back to "normal". IDK...just fun to think about where they go from here.

I hope that in IW2, something happens to Black Widow that results in Hulk coming back, more powerful than ever, since his strength is typically linked to how angry he gets.

I suspect Hawkeye will be in IW2 as Ronin after his family disappears. One of Antman or Wasp will disappear too, during their credits scene (it's already been confirmed I think that it occurs before IW).

It'll be kind of annoying if Captain Marvel is so powerful that is really the only reason they defeat Thanos, but given how smart they tend to be with the movies, I'd be surprised if that's the case.

Movie was AMAZING. So many awesome scenes, Drax being invisible, Cap first showing up, Thor landing in Wakanda, Thor interacting with Starlord, Thor just being awesome in general. He and Thanos were very much the stars of this movie in my mind.

I was just giving the Infinity Gauntlet series another read through. One panel stood out. Just a quick background, Thanos gets pissed at Mistress Death and lets out a psychic shout that destroys nearby celestial bodies, but dissipates as it travels through space until it finally reaches Earth where this happens:

5814500352327680.png

What did it cost us to undo all the damage from the Infinity Gauntlet? Everything.

Agree that after Thor Ragnorak and now Infinity War, Thor as a character has emerged as a fan favorite in the film universe, after two less than stellar outings in Thor 2 and Avengers 2. Was a little disappointed in the use of Cap in IW, especially since over the past few weeks we've done a rewatch of all the Cap movies.

Because Thor wasn’t a great character until Thor 3.

I actually like the first Thor, with the fish out of water plot of this self-aggrandizing God coming to a different planet where he doesn't know anything and no one knows who he is, but it kind of only worked once

So, I LOVED Infinity War and it's clearly top 5 (at least) for me in the MCU. One minor complaint I have is that Black Widow can fight against these super villain aliens. Maybe I missed something, but she doesn't really have super powers, right? She is completely hanging with Thanos children in hand to hand combat. I know you suspend disbelief or whatever, but that is a minor complaint that I had. Otherwise, a perfect Marvel movie. The "Mr. Stark, I don't want to go" line, hit me in the feels. Love the spaceship and Titan scenes with Ironman and Spiderman. This move just generally kicked so much ass.

Black Widow was fighting beside thousands of Wakanda soldiers without superpowers either. It is what it is.

It was entertaining, but the fight scenes become repetitive in this genre and like I have only seen a few of these movies but you could tell exactly what was going to happen the entire time, and the big reveal we all know will just get reversed. A minor meh.

Any specific significance to Thanos knowing who Stark was? He said something like- you’re not the only one cursed with knowledge

Widow is super duper with martial arts. So she can dodge most attacks and uses leverage to her advantage. She'll never punch out the Juggernaut, but she can make him waste time chasing her around.

Upthread, someone asked why I said we won't see the scene in the trailer with the Hulk running - they already showed that scene with CGI Hulkbuster instead of CGI Hulk.

I wish Proxima Midnight had survived to see half the universe disappear so she could say "Oh no, not this again". See, that character was played by Carrie Coon, who starred in The Leftovers and... eh, forget it, it's true jokes don't get funnier the more you explain them.

Any specific significance to Thanos knowing who Stark was? He said something like- you’re not the only one cursed with knowledge

I just took that as Thanos being aware of Stark's role in Avengers 1.

Avengers: Infinity War had the biggest domestic ($258M) and worldwide ($641M) openings ever. By comparison, Winter Soldier made $259.8M total in North America in April 2014. The big question for Infinity War is if Deadpool and Solo will cut too much into Infinity War.

If Ant-Man and the Wasp does even decent, Disney will make over $1.75 billion in North America this year and well over $3 billion world wide in 2018 from Marvel films. Should help them pay for Deadpool.

Along those lines, what was with Thanos saying he had "sacrificed his destiny once before" or something along those lines when he sacrificed Gamora. Are we supposed to know what that is referencing?

Widow is super duper with martial arts. So she can dodge most attacks and uses leverage to her advantage. She'll never punch out the Juggernaut, but she can make him waste time chasing her around.

Upthread, someone asked why I said we won't see the scene in the trailer with the Hulk running - they already showed that scene with CGI Hulkbuster instead of CGI Hulk.

I wish Proxima Midnight had survived to see half the universe disappear so she could say "Oh no, not this again". See, that character was played by Carrie Coon, who starred in The Leftovers and... eh, forget it, it's true jokes don't get funnier the more you explain them.

Saw someone say that Marvel is wasting a great chance to have Everett Ross, Dr. Strange, and Iron Man in the same scene and have Ross say something like "No shit Sherlock". That would be a killer meta-joke.

Presumably he's aware of Stark after Loki and Ultron failed to collect stones for him? I remember explicit discussion of "the humans" being more resilient in one of the post-credit scenes. Maybe that was after Avengers 1? After Ultron, there's a post-credit scene with Thanos grabbing the gauntlet and saying, "I'll do it myself." Stark is the de-facto leader of the Avengers, so it would make sense that one of the powerful beings in the universe who has been fighting the Avengers via two proxy wars would know about their leader.

Presumably he's aware of Stark after Loki and Ultron failed to collect stones for him? I remember explicit discussion of "the humans" being more resilient in one of the post-credit scenes. Maybe that was after Avengers 1? After Ultron, there's a post-credit scene with Thanos grabbing the gauntlet and saying, "I'll do it myself." Stark is the de-facto leader of the Avengers, so it would make sense that one of the powerful beings in the universe who has been fighting the Avengers via two proxy wars would know about their leader.

Was Ultron gathering the stones for Thanos? I just Ultron was just a wild card.

Back