• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

CBM: Avengers: Endgame (WARNING! SPOILERS!)

Yes. Yes you are.

Lots of new Marvel content coming on Hulu.

Marvel and Hulu Expand Partnership With Two New Live-Action Series

The Spirits of Vengeance are coming! In an expanded partnership, Marvel Television will bring two new live-action series to Hulu from a unique corner of the Marvel universe. The iconic adventures into fear properties, Marvel’s Ghost Rider and Marvel’s Helstrom are slated to debut on Hulu in 2020.

Marvel’s Ghost Rider, also known as Robbie Reyes, is a quintessential antihero, consumed by hellfire and supernaturally bound to a demon. Reyes lives on the Texas/Mexico border and when he unleashes the Rider, Robbie brings vengeance for the innocents he encounters, but struggles to control the power he wields. Marvel’s Ghost Rider is executive produced by Ingrid Escajeda, who will serve as showrunner, Paul Zbyszewski and Marvel’s Jeph Loeb.

Daimon and Ana Helstrom are the son and daughter of a mysterious and powerful serial killer in Marvel’s Helstrom. The siblings have a complicated dynamic as they track down the terrorizing worst of humanity — each with their attitude and skills. Marvel’s Helstrom is executive produced by Paul Zbyszewski, who will serve as showrunner and Marvel’s Jeph Loeb.

Both series are co-productions with Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios and join the upcoming season three of Marvel’s Runaways and recently announced adult animated series based on the popular Marvel Television characters including Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K, Marvel’s Hit-Monkey, Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show and Marvel’s Howard The Duck, which will culminate in a special event, Marvel’s The Offenders.

https://www.hulu.com/press/hulu-unv...ad-offering-and-more-at-hulu-19-presentation/

Gabriel Luna will be reprising the Ghost Rider role from Agents of SHIELD.

Last edited:
Not going with the old "son of Satan" thing for Hellstrom I see, let alone changing the spelling because... Hell? Huh?

Anyway, I dug Professor Hulk, mostly because my favorite iteration of Hulk in comics was when Hulk was the same in the early 90s.

Finally saw it last night. I think I liked it, but still processing. Definitely fully fan-service. Professor Hulk and Fat Thor were kind of cheesy. First impression was that Infinity War is funnier, and the comedy in this one was straight cheese. Really liked what they did with Cap. Time travel gimmick was handled well -- a little forced with everyone having a scene with a lost loved one. Chills when everyone showed up at the last battle. Need to see it again (and not hate watch it like Moonz).

I suspect the simplest explanation is probably correct. they added it for fans to discuss/speculate and have fun with. If they do have namor plans for phase 4 its an easy way to say they were planting seeds all along.

Namor makes sense as a villain for BP2.

That was a Namor tease no doubt. I don't remember the specifics of where they said the earthquake was, but Wakanda is established as a landlocked country. That did bug me at the time, still does I guess.

Just saw it. Thought it was great, especially Lebowski Thor.
Stark's last scene was perfect. We all knew either Stark or Cap would have to die to beat Thanos, and the "I'm Iron Man" line was badass.
However I'm not totally sold on the ending arc for Cap. Nice sentimental ending, but It doesn't seem very Cap like to just sit out several decades of crap without helping. Minor quibble.
My daughter really liked the lady-force moment in the final battle. It's important for little girls to see that kind of stuff even if it seems contrived to us old farts.
Captain Marvell needed more screen time. She's the future of the movies.
I'm totally down with Thor as a guardian of the Galaxy.

CBM: Avengers: Endgame (WARNING! SPOILERS!)

The official word from the Russos on Cap is that he lived with Peggy in a branched reality and found his way to the main reality for that moment.

By the way, I think the branched reality is how we will get a Loki show on Disney+.

Last edited:
The official word from the Russos on Cap is that he lived with Peggy in a branched reality and found his way to the main reality for that moment.

By the way, I think the branched reality is how we will get a Loki show on Disney+.

It will also be the key to the What If? show Marvel is developing.

Somehow missed (or forgot) a what if franchise. That could be really good. Could also be a way to audition creators or properties that could be expanded on. A One shot works and leads to a movie or series in the main timeline.

Any thoughts about that underwater earthquake Okoye mentioned?

Yeah that could totally be a Namor tease. I could even see that being a 2 parter. Atlantis is a pretty rich storyline so lots to draw from there.

My only issue with that is that I thought the super soldier serum would prevent him from aging normally. It's easy to just hand wave that off but that stuck with me.

My only issue with that is that I thought the super soldier serum would prevent him from aging normally. It's easy to just hand wave that off but that stuck with me.

Looks like it does. That Cap would be around 100 years old and it still looks like he could kick a little ass if need be.

I don't know the current state, but at one point recently in the comics, Steve's age caught up to him, at least somewhat. He was say, 80ish capabilities wise when he was around 100.

The MCU version of Cap was born July 4th, 1918.
He went into the ice in 1945 shortly before he would have turned 27 years old.
The ice put him into suspended animation until 2011. He was 93 years old but since the aging process stopped was still physically 27.
The snapped return for the big battle in 2023, but since Cap wasn't snapped he was 105 years old but physically only 39 years old.
He spends who know how much time returning the infinity gems to their proper time, but let's assume it's a few weeks at most.
He returns to Peggy in alternate 1945 at age 105 but physically 39 years old.
He lives 78 years in that alternate timeline before returning to the Endgame timeline in 2023.

That means the Steve sitting on that bench was 183 years old, but was only physically 117 years old. The super soldier serum definitely slowed the aging process.

Funny that the actual writers disagree with them.

One thing to remember with the whole Captain Marvel appearance is that she filmed this movie before Captain Marvel solo film, so she was still getting her feet wet in the "superhero life" as Rhodey puts it. Makes sense that they kept her off screen for a good chunk and kept her lines to a minimum.

Endgame made around $146M in its 2nd weekend. That’s bigger than the opening weekends for all but 8 MCU films and would qualify as the 25th biggest opening weekend of all time.

Endgame passed Titanic as the 2nd biggest film worldwide of all time at almost $2.2B. It’s only a half billion away from Avatar. Avatar took 47 days to hit $2B.

Back