• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

CBM: Spider-Man: No Way Home and Hawkeye (Disney+)

Can I take my 12 year old daighter to see?

Sure if she likes Marvel. It’s PG-13.

If she likes teen romance stuff, she might like the 00s Spider-Man trilogy. The Peter-MJ stuff still holds up pretty well. It’s good to have watched those films before watching this one.

Last edited:
Spoilers have been fair game all day. Haven’t been at the computer.

Second biggest opening day of all time at $121M and projected $242-247M opening weekend which would be fourth all time behind Endgame, Infinity War, and The Force Awakens.

https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider...-time-for-sony-100m-friday-likely-1234898486/

One of my favorite things I haven’t seen anyone talk about is how they deftly and organically switched from the weird metallic Green Goblin costume to the classic purple and green hooded costume. That was brilliant.

Somehow they managed to end three different sets of Spider-Man movies and provide a clean slate for future Spider-Man films that sets up Venom without a shared universe. The best thing I saw was that this was an MCU Spider-Man origin story in his sixth film appearance. Absolutely brilliant. Now we can get broke Peter with homemade suits and webbing taking pictures of Spider-Man for cash. I’m sure it won’t be the exact same. Maybe instead of newspaper photos, it’s Spidey NFTs or WebheadCoin. But it’s going to be similar to the Spidey we know and love.

Agree with all of this. Will definitely be looking forward to more a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man take from Tom Holland than MCU Avenger version we’ve gotten from his movies.

The best scenes in the movie were definitely the Spider-Men just quipping it up.

Quick questions - did they use a portion of the Raimi Spider-Man theme to start the next scene once they all got revealed?

Did they ever all point at each other?

First of all, I loved the Spider-Man movie. It was super fun. It's incredible that they were able to get almost every Spider-Man villain to come back and reprise their roles. I would love to see a buddy movie with Andrew Garfield and Tobey Macguire. The only missing person was Topher Grace and I'd argue that of the actors playing the villains, he would be the easiest to bring back so I'm guessing he wasn't asked.

I even walked in a few minutes late
but made it just in time to see Charlie Cox
. There were several applause moments and cheering moments which is a lot of fun.

My one complaint refers to the mid credits scene:

I take issue with Venom being in this universe. The spell was designed to draw in people who knew Spider-Man's true identity. But from the first two Venom movies, it doesn't look as if Venom has a Spider-Man in his universe at all so why was he even there?

CBM: Spider-Man: No Way Home and Hawkeye (Disney+)

The argument there is that there is a Venom somewhere in the multiverse who knows Peter Parker’s identity, presumably the Venom from Spider-Man 3. Therefore, all Venoms know it. Venom got transported over and in the mid-credits, transported back but left a piece of the symbiote behind. Will we get Dani Rojas Venom? Will we get black suit Spider-Man? Who knows? It’s wide open and presumably won’t be tied to Tom Hardy.

$253M opening. Third biggest ever after Endgame and Infinity War. Incredible especially since the first two Spidey films weren’t huge earners.

Remember when the third film of a comics trilogy buried the franchise like Spider-Man 3 and X3? I’d argue the best film of the Cap, Thor, and Spidey trilogies were the third.

In Venom:Carnage the symbiote tells Eddie that his species has a hive mind knowledge of the multi-verse. The implication is that within this body of knowledge is Peter is spidey.

Edit - actually there's no implication. Symbiotes have a have mind knowledge across the multi-verse. Topher Grace's symbiote knew about Peter. Ergo...

Last edited:
I really loved the Spidey movie, and I really like the Marvel stuff.

But damn is it all confusing as hell! I don't catch it all (who can!!??) but feel like I have a good grasp but still get confused about everything.

But damn is it all confusing as hell! I don't catch it all (who can!!??) but feel like I have a good grasp but still get confused about everything.

:couch:

Probably best to not try to nitpick plot details because most of these movies don’t make a ton of sense

I really didn’t like the Garfield Spidey movies but always felt he got dealt a rough hand with the kind of Spider-Man they made him in those movies. I really like his arc in this film. And though there were lots of really great scenes in this movie, Garfield saving MJ with tears in his eyes so Holland didn’t have to share his fate was really really well done

I really didn’t like the Garfield Spidey movies but always felt he got dealt a rough hand with the kind of Spider-Man they made him in those movies. I really like his arc in this film. And though there were lots of really great scenes in this movie, Garfield saving MJ with tears in his eyes so Holland didn’t have to share his fate was really really well done

Agreed. I didn't care for his movies as well, they were just not as compelling as the Holland and Maguire films, imo. I enjoyed his Peter Parker/Spider Man more in No Way Home than I did in his own films. It was a good way for his Spider Man to go out, and I also liked that Maguire's Spider Man got some closure as well.

One of my favorite things I haven’t seen anyone talk about is how they deftly and organically switched from the weird metallic Green Goblin costume to the classic purple and green hooded costume. That was brilliant.

I agree. It always seemed like a strange decision to cast someone like William Defoe who can contort his facial features to be absolutely terrifying and then just cover it up with an expressionless mask.

No one is ever really safe from Wilson Fisk.

I need to rewatch Daredevil but it didn’t seem that far off.

We got Matt Murdock and Wilson Fisk within a week of each other. I’m pretty happy.

I liked the Hawkeye finale. They tied up the loose ends and set up Yelena and Kate going forward. I figured they’d leave Echo vs Fisk not something that seems final. I’m guessing they’re saving Clint the next big team up and as supporting cast in Kate Bishop’s Hawkeye season 2.

Final? Death is not final for Marvel.

Fisk seemed in line with comics. "Peak human" strength is what I remember his rating being (so below anyone super powered) and he's durable. That's what we saw in Hawkeye. His fight with DD in that show's 3rd season was pretty brutal, he took (and dealt) a lot of punishment.

Last edited:
Yeah. He seemed in line with Daredevil.

Echo is an interesting character. They didn’t give her the push I thought they would but she could definitely be great in a show about getting out of the game. Love how her prosthetic foot is both a shield and weapon. Very creative fight choreography.

I think Yelena is the big question going forward. Is her moment with Barton basically her handover to being the next Black Widow? Or is there still something that pulls her into JLD's Dark Avengers with John Walker? There are some fun fan theories that Val is actually Kate Bishop's aunt whose apartment they stayed in. Whcih could also be the connection point between Kate's mother hiring Yelena

Back