• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

What i'm most excited for is, for the first time in the decades of Batman movies, the "world's greatest detective" does some detectiving, or so says the spoiler-free reviews I've watched or read.

IMAX tix already procured for Friday.

A review I read was that the movie was great but lacked a dynamic villain. So maybe this is like Batman Begins.

I read they wanted to give Batman an arc and not just make it about the villains.

The Marvel Netflix shows will be on Disney+ on March 16 along with additional parental controls. This is great news for the future of Disney+. Seems to pave the way to add Logan, Deadpool, and Deadpool 2 to the service.

I guess so.

With some theaters showing The Batman as early as tonight, we'll move the spoilers up to Friday night.

I think I might be out on Arrowverse at this point. Batwoman just hasn't been interesting to me lately. Legends is suffering hard from lack of compelling characters. And I have no idea what Flash is even about for next season.

Superman and Lois and Stargirl might be the only two I watch at this point.

I had resigned myself to accepting live Trek these days to swing from mediocre to bad each week, but dang, Picard s2e1 was damn good. More like this please.

Discovery? Whatever. If this didn't have "Star Trek" in the title I would have ditched it long ago.

I had resigned myself to accepting live Trek these days to swing from mediocre to bad each week, but dang, Picard s2e1 was damn good. More like this please.

Discovery? Whatever. If this didn't have "Star Trek" in the title I would have ditched it long ago.

each season has gotten better and season 4 Disco is pretty decent, best by far

but yeah, it's bottom tier trek

I think I might be out on Arrowverse at this point. Batwoman just hasn't been interesting to me lately. Legends is suffering hard from lack of compelling characters. And I have no idea what Flash is even about for next season.

Superman and Lois and Stargirl might be the only two I watch at this point.

All I'm left with from Arrowverse is Legends and I spend most episodes knowing I'm suffering from Sunk Cost Fallacy. I've been wondering why they changed Matt Ryan's character from Constantine, who is interesting, to a new, rather milquetoast, character. I finally Googled to see why and apparently HBOMax has a plan for Constantine so the powers that be nixed the character on Legends. Speculation is Matt Ryan was still under contract so they found something else for him to do. I'm cold turkey cutting out Legends and will put Superman/Lois in its place.

CBM: The Batman premieres Thursday

Superman and Lois is good, quite good. I continue to be impressed with how they set up villains. I’m particularly impressed that they pulled off three major twists flawlessly.

Stargirl is downgraded to solid. Season 2 just wasn’t as good as the first.

Naomi is good. It’s a teen show but not CW teen drama. It’s a nice origin story with a lot of likable characters. There’s a lot of room to play with an unknown character.

Batwoman is entertaining. I liked this season after they trimmed the fat and focused more on characters who deserved it. I hope it comes back.

Legends is ok. It’s worth watching because they can still have good creative episodes that do right by characters. But they can also be a waste.

The Flash is bad and if I don’t bother watching when Season 8 returns, I may not catch up.

Overall it’s kind of a dim picture but if you look closer, it’s a strong upward trajectory. The newer shows are better. Superman and Stargirl are very different shows than the others. Naomi is kind of in the middle. When they cancel Legends and The Flash, I think that will effectively end the Arrowverse.

When they cancel Legends and The Flash, I think that will effectively end the Arrowverse.

I agree with this. It was super fun seeing the play between Barry and Oliver and then bringing in Kara. I didn't really care when Jefferson joined that particular group even though I loved his show. Kate just didn't fit and they tried to force besties with her and Kara.

At this point, I don't really care if Stargirl teams up with Naomi or Superman or the Legends show up, well, anywhere.

Same. I think the CW DC-verse is going to go the same way as the movieverse and just move toward letting creatives do their thing in their own lightly connected silos.

Just when I was ready to ditch Legends

Donald Faison shows up as Booster Gold, I can't quit now

I guess so.

With some theaters showing The Batman as early as tonight, we'll move the spoilers up to Friday night.

Wait, you're really gonna allow spoilers starting tomorrow night?

That's ridic early...Seems like a week would be more appropriate. Maybe a new spoiler thread for a short time.

That being said, I have 5 Dolby tix for tomorrow at 10pm, so I'm good regardless... I just wouldn't want my fellow CBM fans to be spoiled the first weekend.

I guess you guys are more hardcore than I'm used to.

CBM: The Batman premieres Thursday

The rule has always been 48 hours after release. I think we established that within the first few months of starting the thread back in 2011. Typically that means Saturday night after Thursday night releases. This film was released last night.

If we wait too long nobody bothers to discuss it. If we allowed spoilers straight up, people would be pissed. If there was a spoiler thread, Tapatalk would spoil films. 48 hours is the happy medium. I’m fine pushing it back to Saturday though.

It’s always been by the ability of seeing a random 11am Friday showing when the rest of the world is working.

If it was that, the rule would be Friday afternoon, not Saturday night. But I try to accommodate everybody even the corporate drones.

Over the last day or so you may have started up Netflix and and saw a new superhero series on the landing page - The Guardians of Justice. It's terrible. It reminded me of comic movies/shows in the 90s. No I don't mean X-Men or Spider-Man, I mean the Dolph Lungren Punisher or 1990 Captain America. I guess it's a parody but forgot to include humor or be particularly sharp.

Scanning online reviews I do see some positive ones, lord knows why. I say avoid.

Oh the other hand, something I really enjoyed - The Batman.

I'll put my thoughts about sticking around for the post credits in a spoiler tag.
Just leave when you're ready. The credits are long, coming after a 3 hour movie and all you get is a blip that makes no sense. Just wait for some nerd to break it down frame by frame

CBM: The Batman premieres Thursday (spoilers Sat night)

If not many of us have seen it yet, I’ll move the spoilers back to Saturday night. I’m heading to see it now.

Edit: When it was first announced, I thought it was unnecessary. Now that I've seen it, I think it was quite good but still unnecessary. I don't have that much to say that would involve spoilers. The story was good. The acting was good. Pattison is probably the best looking Batman as far as having a good jawline for the suit, but the worst looking Bruce Wayne. But he was good as were all the leads.

The problem is I feel like I've seen enough big screen and small screen stories involving Batman, Gordon, Catwoman, The Penguin, and Carmine Falcone and/or other crime bosses. Even as good as this is, I was kind of bored and felt like I wasn't seeing much new. The Riddler on the other hand hasn't been done nearly as much and this was a well-done version of The Riddler.

At this point, I'd like to see Batman take a break on the big screen or at least mine new territory. Give me a Bat-family story or something that isn't just lone Batman or Batman and Catwoman. Go deeper into the villains. There's plenty more to do.

Last edited:
Back